Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hiit v steady state cardio

MrsMuscle

Assuming that everything else is spot on (which mine isn't but its a working progress)....what is the best type or cardio for me to do to drop bf?

Whichever you can get through. :)

You'll find conflicting opinions on HIIT vs steady state, so u just have to decide what's best for you in your situation. For me, when I was dieting for a show, I did HIIT 3x week for 30 minutes during the first few weeks. Once I got further into the diet, my energy levels wouldn't allow for HIIT sessions so I went to 4x week steady state. Near the end of the diet, I was doing 5-6 sessions, steady state. Mentally, it was just less taxing for me to get through those steady state sessions compared to the "balls to the wall" HIIT sessions.

no doubt that hiit will burn more calories esp calculating the epoc after affects. but like figurechamp pointed out, it taxes the hell out of u. also, hiit is nice because it allows u to get done quicker in less time if u have a tight sched. but that goes without sayin really.

I do somewhat of a combo i'll run or bike or elliptical for 30+ min then take a short water break then do sprints (hiit).

Sent from my htc t-bolt using the elitefitness app.

Last edited:
I mix it up a little and find both work, one thing AAP taught me was, if your lifting straight after if you hit a cardio session with 2 mins steady followed straight after with 1 min max effort x 4 times that's 12 mins total, I find this very affective and handy if your in a hurry. Apparently after a good lifting session it tricks the CNS into thinking you've done a full kick ass cardio session. But like FC says we are all different fund what suits you.
Good luck !!

Top Bottom