Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hey BigAndy69

BillyATO

Hey, I have been doing the workout you gave me for about a month and a half now and have gone from about 27% bf (250lbs) to 19%(238)(as of june 1, height 6'4") and my muscle's have gotten stronger but not really bigger; I know a month and a half is not really that much time and I plan on sticking with this plan if you don't suggest otherwise but I was wondering if there is a way to modify the workout so that i can build more muscle mass, perhaps lower reps/higher weight or less sets/higher weight? All the advice you have given me so far has helped, so thanks a lot.
Bill

P.S. At the beggining of this year I was 283lbs @ 36%bf

Congrats on your success. I'll bump this up, cuz BigAndy is the master, and so is bignate so I bet those two can answer your questions better than I can.

Bump, Bump Bump

im willing to bet you are on a calorie restricted diet. if this is the case, then hypertrophy is going to be more difficult because your body is using all calories for energy and maintenance. growing on a reduced calorie diet can be difficult if not impossible for most. best bet is to diet down to a bodyfat percentage you are happy with, then slowly get your caloric intake to a bit above maintenance in order to grow.

as for differences in training, as i said before, it will probably best to keep stimulating and challengeing the muscle so the body keeps it during this caloric deficit. if you were to neglect your weight training and just do cardio to cut up first, your body would turn to muscle rather readily as an energy source, with weight training you will minimize this effect because it is a stress your body sees continuously and thus wont "get rid of what its not using". see where im going?

so basically, maintain the muscle you have for now. keep training hard, but focusing on lowering your bodyfat. once you get to where you want to be, manipulate your calories again, so you can recuperate and grow vs. cut.

im assuming you lost this bodyfat by watching your diet and training.

Yes, I watch what I eat (between 1600 and 2000 cal's a day; 50%p/30%c/20%f on average), I try to mix it up a little, not only to make sure I get all kinds of nutrients but also because I like all different kinds of food :)
I am also training 4 days a week for about an hour and a half a day (mon. chest/tris; tues. legs; thurs. back/bis; fri. delts/abs) and drink a creatine/carb drink directly afterward. Hope these few details help!
Thanks,
Bill

I also have a quick question about deadlifts (which I don't currently do because the only times I tried I had pain in the area where I had a hernia), I was wondering if this means I'm not doing it right or just something I need to stay away from, and if so what exercise can I do to work the same areas. Thanks

is your diet PERFECT >?

post your diet bro. also, 1600cals is too low if you wanna even build strength IMO.
bump that up. I am 157 lbs , 5'4', and eat more than you.

you need way more cals, my bro.

The following is best for post workout

-apple juice (simple carbs, for quick insulin spikeage)
500 ml of this (pure fruit juice).

-whey shake (extremely fast abosorption).

If you wanna go even more hardcore sub dextrose for the apple juice. Dextrose is mad cheap, something like less than 10bucks a kilo (2lbs).

Try getting 1g of carbs post workout / kg of bodyweight.
Note it is kg, not pounds.

In case you want it: 1 kg = 2.2lbs
Oh yeah, something I found only a few days ago:
Arms respond MUCH better to 8-12 rep range, because of the type of muscle fiber they are. I was training them 5-6reps. Stronger, yes. Bigger, no.

Now, i changed it for the better.
Watch the sets/reps you do, it all has to do with the bodypart . eg : calves = better doing high reps.

review it all !
hope this helps

you can go here (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=billyato) to see what I eat. I've been keeping track of my diet on there since May 8th and I try to be as accurate as possible.
I know it still needs work but I used to eat a lot less cals before I started keeping track. I also used to have bad habits such as eating a big dinner after 9 pm and never ate breakfast.

Wake up - 6:30am

Breakfast - between 7:30 and 8:30 - cereal (w\ skim milk) or oatmeal, V8 splash or Orange Juice, and sometimes a piece of fruit.. I try to concentrate most of my carbs to breakfast time although a few slip in at lunch. (~11p/70c/2f)

Lunch - 11am - usually deli type chicken sandwich (discarding half of bread) with salad bar veggies (~60p/15c/8f)

Midday - 2:30-3pm - Protein Shake (50p/3c/0f)

5:30pm - Workout

Post Workout - 6:30-7pm - Creatine Surge drink (0p/35c/0f)

Dinner - 7:30-8pm - Grilled Chicken, Steak or Fish with veggies (usually broccoli, green beans, salad, peas, or asparagus) (~100p/6c/13f)

Go to bed - 11:30pm

NOTE: go back a day to see a full day, preferably a weekday since I cheat a bit on weekends.

Last edited:
Try and add some protein (shake) immediately after the workout. Try for 5-10 minutes after the creatine surge drink.

Top Bottom