Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First 2 weeks...Update

PegasusStar

Hey guys,

I started my training with a PT on June 2nd.
To remind everyone, Im 5'0, 150 lbs, 31 yrs old, Med hx of Hypothyroid

Training-
Im doing 1 hour 2x a week with a PT. After the first workout I was so sore the first week (6/2-6/8) that I could not do any cardio....I have had a total of 4 sessions, and this week is going a lot better. In fact, I have had 2 cardio sessions this week, and 2 lifting sessions!!
For Cardio- trying to do HIIT for 30 mins
For Lifting- we do all groups- legs, back, arms, core....it changes as far as intensity on one group per session...today we worked mostly on core, but got a lot of arms and legs in as well.

Diet-
Not going so well. I have a food log that I sent my PT today over the last week.
Im adding a ton of protein...I reached my max today at 170 of protein!!

Typical day-
Breakfast- egg beaters, fruit
Snack- fruit, low fat cream cheese, or Protein shake with water
Lunch- Turkey on wheat, letuce, tomatoe, no cheese,
Snack- Pre made salad with chicken, letuce, maybe a tablespoon of the pre packaged dressing in a full 2 cups of salad, about 2 oz of chicken OR Apples with yogurt, or veggies with low fat ranch
Dinner- Ahi tuna, Lean steak, and 2 glasses of Red Pinot Noir

My weakness is dinner, sometimes we eat out....One time, I ate a plain bean burrito at taco bell, another time had 2 oz of 3 different fish for dinner, but also an appetizer of scallop, 1/2 of bread with butter....this is what is the obvious killer...it is so hard to eat out, but these were my 2 MAJOR downfalls this week.....Im having a problem with eating out!! So, I should just not eat out right, but I get so bored of chicken and fish that I make, and all the recipies I have include sauses that include milk, cream or other fattening stuff

The 6 meals a day thing is going well, I just screw it up with dinner about 2x a week.

I also have another ?....I have a weird schedule sometimes...I have to work overnight sometimes, and Im curious to what I should be eating during this schedule.

Go to bed, wake up at
8am...eat a 'breakfast' meal...go back to sleep 12-5p,
5p- lunch meal
10p- Subway Double Turkey on Wheat, no cheese, no may, just veggies
3am- Salad snack as above
6am- Subway Double Roast Beef on Wheat, no chees, no mayo, veggies
9am- Grilled Chicken
Noon- BAck to sleep

I know I need an extra cardio and lifting day, but i work in the ER, and right now, it isnt possible...so im worried my diet isnt right at all

Any advice welcomed...and dont sugar coat it, im serious about this, and I LOVE this forum, you guys/gals are AWESOME!!

Thanks
Amanda

Curious about what your immediate goals are?

dirty~d~ said:
Curious about what your immediate goals are?

Curious about your goals as well. Even if you're trying to gain muscles, that's a whole lot of protein you're eating at 5' and 150lbs.

You're curious about what to eat during your nite schedule. Do you mean you want to add more food or a variety of what you already have?

You also need more carbs; clean carbs..

^^ What she said...

Also I eat out nearly every day and I have no trouble eating properly. You just have to know what you want (insofar as goals) and then educate yourself about food and how your body utilizes what you eat.

I know it sounds complicated, but once you learn a few basics it becomes easy quickly.

I hope the trainer you hired is guiding you on diet.

BIKINIMOM said:
^^ What she said...

Also I eat out nearly every day and I have no trouble eating properly. You just have to know what you want (insofar as goals) and then educate yourself about food and how your body utilizes what you eat.

I know it sounds complicated, but once you learn a few basics it becomes easy quickly.

I hope the trainer you hired is guiding you on diet.

Hopefully the trainer she hired is guiding her on the right direction. I hate to say it, but lots of trainers want to play the nutritionist and wind up doing more damage then good..

Hey guys, thanks for the responses

As far as my goals...short term is weight loss, I would like to get back down to 120 lbs

Next goal, I want my BMI to be about 20%

From there, depending on how I feel, I may go further with it, but right now Im really focusing on toning up and losing the weight!!

There is a nutritionist on staff with the PT, he encourages a lot more fruits and veggies, yogurt than what I have been doing. His diet suggestions seem to mirror the suggestions Ive seen here mostly but like Thankdie said, 170 of protein is a lot, but that was only 1 day, I typically get about 110-120 of protein, 120-130 of carbs, 30g of fat

Also, when you guys say 'clean carbs' your talking about carbs from fruits and veggies right, whole wheat bread, or tortilla.

As for the overnight, I guess Im worried that Subway may not be as healthy for me as Im thinking....worried about the carb load on the subs, but I always get the wheat bread, no cheese or sauces.

Thanks so much for all the feedback!!

Lots of good brolettes up in here...

PegasusStar - good luck with attaining your goals. Diet is everything, so keep this in check!

hehe..your right, you gals are awesome!!

I feel pretty good overal...still sore after lifting, but I can walk today, so that means I can do cardio tomorrow.

I enjoy eating the frequent, small meals throughout the day.

OH, got my thyriod checked today and it came back normal, so my dose of Synthroid is still good!!

Thanks

Top Bottom