Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dposey's SF 5x5 Journal

In the beginning of your journal you mentioned you were doing cardio as well... I just found out today there are studies showing doing your cardio and weight lifting on the same day improves both your cardio and weight lifting just as well as someone focusing on one of the two (ofcourse the downside is your workouts increase in length). Also doing them on seperate days it states it becomes counterproductive. The book did not cited anything for the counterproductive point so be skeptical. It is "interference effect" when doing "concurrent training." The book flat out states "...your body will choose endurance over muscle growth, and strength and power may suffer as well." The new rules of lifting by Lou Schuler and Slwyn Cosgrove (p.84)

That's an interesting point to bring up, but I don't really see the logic behind it. Not discrediting you or anything, it just doesn't make sense to me, especially when I've been making gains whilst doing cardio 2-3 times a week. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep it in mind. ;)

Monday 4/10/06 - Week 6 - Day 1

Squats:
105 x 5
120 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5 PR

Bench Press:
85 x 5
100 x 5
115 x 5
130 x 5
150 x 5 PR

Power Cleans:
75 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 5
105 x 5
115 x 4 Fail

Weighted Hyperextensions:
BW+45 x 8
BW+45 x 8
BW+45 x 8

Needsize Crunches:
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5

Comments:
Awesome workout today! Squatting was the best it's been in awhile, really glad that I scaled back a few weeks. Hit a PR on that and on the bench (I counted it this time because I'm happy with my form, it definitely improved). I did fail on my power cleans but I'm still happy with how they went. I almost got the last one but I was too tired and knew I couldn't get it without compromising my form. I feel good about nailing all 5 next Monday though so I'm going to keep the weight at 115 on Friday. I think the weighted hypers are helping my lower back/hamstrings immensely. 45 pounds almost feels light now.

Good to see your setting records, well done and keep em coming. Dont forget to blast those squats.

Wednesday 4/12/06 - Week 6 - Day 2

Squats:
105 x 5
120 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Push Press:
75 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 5
105 x 5
120 x 4 Fail

Deadlift:
115 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
205 x 5 PR

Chin-ups:
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5 PR

Needsize Crunches:
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5
BW+25 x 5

Comments:
Another great workout today despite failing on the push press. I was so close to getting it but I couldn't get the last one without compromising my form. Almost got it up though, it was very close, so I feel good about nailing 120x5 next Wednesday. The deads are starting to get a little harder but 205x5 still went well, my form was good. I'm also really happy that I was able to do 5x5 chin-ups with my own weight for the first time. I felt like I could have done another but I wanted to make sure I got them all. Maybe I'll test my max on Saturday. Overall, really happy with the progress. :)

Isn't that how the program works for Wednesday squatting? Either do front squats or work up to your third Monday set and do 2-3 sets for light back squats? I hope so or else I've been screwing it up every Wednesday. :O

And lol at the grandpa comment. :p

Dposey said:
Isn't that how the program works for Wednesday squatting? Either do front squats or work up to your third Monday set and do 2-3 sets for light back squats? I hope so or else I've been screwing it up every Wednesday. :O

And lol at the grandpa comment. :p

Oh shit, my mistake. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that this is Wednesday. Yeah, you got it right.

Top Bottom