Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creation of an Explosive Mofo - My Training Journal :)

I'm Asian. Alan is just someone I know.
I'm older than you at 38 years and pretty fat myself at 200lbs at 5'8.5" and I only train once every 4-5 days, so I train a lot less than you do. 28 y.o is freaking young...

recent video shows me hitting my head over an 8 feet ceiling standing flat footed. I'm 5'9.5" in shoes, do the sums, and obviously I'm jumping higher than 25 inches
I'm coming back from a medial meniscus tear in my left knee over the last few months - I haven't been able to do much squatting or any jumping for that matter. So it's under the 30-31 inch I hit at 203lbs earlier in the year, in a fatigued state.

My hops are work in progress. I'll be working my way down to a lean 165-175lbs and upping my squat over 455-500, 345x12 etc
And then we'll see if I can hit my head on that 9 feet ceiling...a legit 39 inch standing vertical jump.
Not too many of those around, everyone either inflates their own hops or measure using reach which sucks

You should be able to hit a 405lb olympic full squat relatively quickly with a legit 34 inch vertical jump...

If you really have a 34 inch VJ you should have no problems getting your head within an inch of a 9 feet backboard standing flat footed. Let's see a video - talk is cheap ;)

i can tell for sure a 39 vertical leap standing you will never get !!
from what i can see in your training you are quite limited in tehnique !!
- let me ask u your frined adam , true amaizing vertical !! strange there is no full lenght movie of him jumpimg over the rim there are just few pic , and that can be easy made up , or do some hanging pic :) , anyway i am really curios if you put a basketball in his hand would he jump as much he he does without ? but none the less awsome vert leap the guy has .
-i think you should quit gym and try more plyos and speed drils , in order to develop your speed . as you see you have plenty power nd you created a unbalance betwen those 2 .
vertical leap = speed/strenght and you got strenght .
also i see no streching routine in your journal .specific one i mean .
ok you want to see some real training for vertical leap and overall training check this kid .
he is doing great work and is very similar to what i do :YouTube - jumptrainee1's Channel you will learn more from his drills
- keep in mind your balance is crucial !! nothing against you man !!
but i was reading your stuff and really i was suprised to see the way you lineup your drills and it was such a diferent tempo and rep and the way you brake down your upper work out and i was convinced that maybe i need to exp this !! but i see no results in you so i guss your trainig has to value .since you a confortable with your gym sweet only.
do this it is called TRACK AND FIELD PLYOS
the bigger the wieght the slower you get .
and first lose the weight you will improve your slow twitch whille so heavy even when you do plyos . theres no cat with elefant strenght and no elefant that loses 40% his body fat will not be able to run as fast as a cat .thow he is 1000 times stronger .
and PS my enghlish sucks sorry i am not form the states or any english county :) i am trying .
-i will start a training journal and you will see the difereance . take care and start jumping dont just try .

Top Bottom