Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cops make it obvious when they have a quota or something I guess

L

lartinos

Had a cop behind me today here in NYC and my fiance and I had no idea why. At first I thought he was responding to an emergency because he came from so far away so I moved over to the side a little bit. When he stopped behind me we figured out that he was pulling us over. So I pulled all the way over and he walked up to my car. He told me that between certain times I can not make a left turn. He then said that i should stay in the car and walked away. He came up a bunch of minutes later as I knew he was writing the ticket and just handed it to and said everything is explained on the back and walked right back to his car. I barely even got a look at the guy, I forget what he looks like even. I thought he looked white and my fiance said hispanic. I will check his name on the ticket. I told him that I was new to the neighborhood (my drivers license shows that) and that i was sorry that I didn't know this local rule. I didn't expect him to let me off, but I just felt like the whole situation went down kind of strangely. And no there was not a lot of traffic at the time either, I was driving under the Subway and I guess the sign was on one of the pillars, I don't know. Neither one of saw it, I make that turn all the time since I moved here and never saw that. I had a fucking greenlight and got a ticket. Bullshit... done complaining.

Had a cop behind me today here in NYC and my fiance and I had no idea why. At first I thought he was responding to an emergency because he came from so far away so I moved over to the side a little bit. When he stopped behind me we figured out that he was pulling us over. So I pulled all the way over and he walked up to my car. He told me that between certain times I can not make a left turn. He then said that i should stay in the car and walked away. He came up a bunch of minutes later as I knew he was writing the ticket and just handed it to and said everything is explained on the back and walked right back to his car. I barely even got a look at the guy, I forget what he looks like even. I thought he looked white and my fiance said hispanic. I will check his name on the ticket. I told him that I was new to the neighborhood (my drivers license shows that) and that i was sorry that I didn't know this local rule. I didn't expect him to let me off, but I just felt like the whole situation went down kind of strangely. And no there was not a lot of traffic at the time either, I was driving under the Subway and I guess the sign was on one of the pillars, I don't know. Neither one of saw it, I make that turn all the time since I moved here and never saw that. I had a fucking greenlight and got a ticket. Bullshit... done complaining.
you should of let your wife fvck him...it's gonna happen anyways...

The Ticket : Fucking Bullshit. That Cop was a douche

Now, here on the west coast, its against the law for cops to have a quota. I'm not sure over there in the cold.
But, That being said. Cops DO get evaluated by their superiors. And the Cops that have low/no ticket counts do look like they sit work 8-14 hours a day getting paid and Dont do shit.
So I guess its a double edged sword.

Fuck that Cop was a douche!

Dude sorry but it's not the cop's fault that you turned left when you werent allowed to. Doesn't matter if you noticed the posted sign or not. What does this have to do with quota?
I agree the no turning left is stupid but it's probably tied to high traffic times during the day or some shit. I've seen that before in Chicago

Well it appears you're wrong. He's just doing his job no matter how bad the douchery on his part. Just go talk to the judge about it and tell your side. Cop probably won't even show up and you might get off Scott free and don't any have to talk to the judge.

The Ticket : Fucking Bullshit. That Cop was a douche

Now, here on the west coast, its against the law for cops to have a quota. I'm not sure over there in the cold.
But, That being said. Cops DO get evaluated by their superiors. And the Cops that have low/no ticket counts do look like they sit work 8-14 hours a day getting paid and Dont do shit.
So I guess its a double edged sword.

Fuck that Cop was a douche!

I don't think this is the case anymore. I have gotten 7 warning tickets out of the last 8 times I have been pulled over. The last time I got two warnings, one for speeding and the other for illigal pass or something like that (passed a long line of cars in a double line no pass zone with a cop behind me).

My brother is a defense attorney and said most cops these days are just looking for something bigger and that is why they pull you over. As long as you are not a jerk to them, they usually just give warnings.

Ya, it's not about the money as much as it makes me build resentment for the police a little bit locally now. And getting points on my license for this crap is really annoying.
People who say "You're in the wrong so tough" yeah yeah.. when you are an obvious victim of over policing you tell me that when you live in NYC and you hear about terrible shit going on and wanted posters at the gym about women being raped and then deal with this guy filling his quota while real crimes are being commited around you. Yes, great job at keeping us safe.

If that happened around SoCal, I'd say it wasn't a quota thing, but probably a fishing trip for illegal aliens. Happens all the time here, and it's a big money maker. They impound the car for 30 days ($1200), plus all kinds of fines, if there is any illegal alien in the car. And they no longer need to find a burned out tail light or anything as an excuse to pull you over. They can do it under the Patriot Act.

Charles

Top Bottom