Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calfs on Fire

dlovin123

I'm new to exercise, but I'm not obease, just a little chub right.

About 10 minutes into any cardio, my calf muscles, front and back, burn so bad I almost can't continue, then they swell up and get so tight. Is there something with with me or maybe some stretching that can help?

I'm no doctor, but a little soreness would be natural for someone who hasn't regularly exercised. The short period of time involved and the swelling, however, seems odd and doesn't sound like the usual "pump" people get after they're in shape.

As a general rule, stretching before exercising is beneficial, but that doesn't mean everybody does it.

Maybe you can try simple walking for a couple weeks before any moving up to cardio...use the walking to get your legs into better shape and then see if you can try cardio without the swelling or stiffness. It may not be a bad idea to get a doctor's opinion as well, especially if you are new to exercising.

those are called shin and calf pumps. are you taking any supps, medication or anything else like that?

you could have a nutrional deficiency or iron problems

and to the poster before me you never should stretch before cardio, warmup yes, but not stretching

I am not taking any form of supplement. I read that there might be some chem or peptides that can help bloodflow so you don't 'tense up' so easy. is that true?

I'm new to exercise, but I'm not obease, just a little chub right.

About 10 minutes into any cardio, my calf muscles, front and back, burn so bad I almost can't continue, then they swell up and get so tight. Is there something with with me or maybe some stretching that can help?

This sounds familiar. I've had this problem in the past.

Let me get this right, you're new to exercise and don't usually run much, maybe 100 yards to the bus stop? You're not obese but a bit overweight?

Basically you're lower legs aren't conditioned for running, they're not strong enough to put up with the pounding you're now introducing them to. You need to start slower and build up gradually, make sure to warm up well before starting you're workout, include movements that use the entire range of motion of your foot, this will help increase range of movement as well as blood and oxygen flow to the muscles and prepare you better for the harder work to come.

Taurine is a good idea as is potassium which you can get from eating more fresh fruit. Also drink more water, you'd be surprised at how many little problems are solved by increasing water consumption.

Top Bottom