Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Answers about creatine...

JB3

Yes, creatine will work just as well for women as it does men. However, it will only aid in burst-type activities - sprinting, heavy lifting, etc. University studies have been conducted on D1 female swimmers and sprinters showing dramatic improvement in times. Sorry, I don't have references as I read the articles many years ago.

Creatine WILL make you gain about 5 lbs (5-10 lbs in men). The weight is water that is being shuttled into your muscle. It will not bloat but will give your muscles a fuller look.

If you're going to supplement creatine, make sure you're giving an all-out effort in the gym. I only mention this because 'most' women lift with an incredible lack of intensity. I'm sure none of the women here have that problem. But, as an example, the only women I ever see come into the weight room walk right over the the ab/adductor machines, flail their legs, and leave. I take that back... I did see two younger women come in the wt room today, stand at a bench for 10 min talking, do 2-3 sets of what looked like warm-ups (not challenging in the least), and leave. The key is intensity.

I don't mean to be crass, but don't think creatine will help you unless you're going balls-out (pun intended). :)

------------------
My $.02

Creatine isn't a hormone. You can't expect the same sort of dramatic muscle and strength gains a steroid will provide but it is still a very good 'base supplement' to take that is fairly inexpensive and extremely minimal in the way of side effects.

I take 1 serving of creatine before each workout. I defiantly notice a difference when I take it verses when I don't.

Top Bottom