Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6 Pack Density

MarkFlC5

How do you guys increase the 6 pack (or 8 pack for the really advanced) density without machines? I'm at so many reps per set now, don't I need to add some resistance to my crunches or hip/leg raises to increase the density (no roids pls)? What would you do and how would u do it? Is it even necessary or do I just increase more reps each set as the muscles get stronger?

yeah u need to add resistance to your ab workout...abs are just like anyother muscle(sort of..fast twice slow twice,,whatever),,they respond to overload. Cable crunches should be thrown in the mix

macDbol said:
yeah u need to add resistance to your ab workout...abs are just like anyother muscle(sort of..fast twice slow twice,,whatever),,they respond to overload. Cable crunches should be thrown in the mix

OK I have a pulley (I use for seated rows). How do I use this for what u are suggesting?

if you want thick detailed abs,that's gonna come from strict diet and serious ab workouts.you have to build your abs with weighted exercises as well as the higher rep stuff,but to ripp them up you HAVE to diet to get that look.low bodyfat will reveal them.hope that helps..

:mix:
37.gif
talk is cheap

The mann said:
if you want thick detailed abs,that's gonna come from strict diet and serious ab workouts.you have to build your abs with weighted exercises as well as the higher rep stuff,but to ripp them up you HAVE to diet to get that look.low bodyfat will reveal them.hope that helps..

:mix:

Yes, I know about the diet part as well and the high reps which is why I'm posting this - I'm loking for that third piece of the puzzle. My abs show fine, I just want more density and I'm looking for techniques on ab resistance (weights and abs) training. Can you give me some examples and methods using weights (excluding machines)?

diet will show the abbs.... but they need a little size to look great

get in a pull down mach...... put a rope on an overhead cable..... sit in the chair and role yourself down doing sit ups....(like you droped something and are bending over to get it)

also do cable crunches with a rope from a low cable while lying on the ground in a traditional crunch manner

dont use weight on leg lifts..... it will only build up the hip flexors

good luck

All you have to do is place a dumbell accross your chest while doing crunches.As you get stronger increase the weight,its basic and simple and works.

Exodus said:
diet will show the abbs.... but they need a little size to look great

get in a pull down mach...... put a rope on an overhead cable..... sit in the chair and role yourself down doing sit ups....(like you droped something and are bending over to get it)

also do cable crunches with a rope from a low cable while lying on the ground in a traditional crunch manner

dont use weight on leg lifts..... it will only build up the hip flexors

good luck

Thank You.

I have really found that using weight-resistance is a great way in increasing ab-density. Rope cable crunches, weighted decline-situps, weighted roman chairs, weigheted hanging knee/leg raises, there are a million variations.

I stronly believe that the only way that you can find your abs is in the kitchen. Low % bodyfat!

:D:D

Top Bottom