Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stomach issues with BCAA's?

dbroncofan

I recently increased my dose of BCAA's from 1-2 caps a day to 4-5 as I am preparing for a competition in November and I notice that now I seem to be having issues with needing to run to the bathroom all the time. It is the only real change I have made, but it doesn't make sense to me that they should cause this issue.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks....

dbroncofan said:
I recently increased my dose of BCAA's from 1-2 caps a day to 4-5 as I am preparing for a competition in November and I notice that now I seem to be having issues with needing to run to the bathroom all the time. It is the only real change I have made, but it doesn't make sense to me that they should cause this issue.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks....

I do have problems with BCAA, but is a different one. However, it is not uncommon to get diarhea as a result of taking BCAA. The suggestion, I understand is to lower the dosage untill your system gets used to it. Apparently, you're not used to it yet.

They are made by Prolab...dosage is as follows:

L-Leucine 1500mg
L-Isoleucine 960mg
L-Valine 1320mg

I take 1 in am, 1 before 1 work out, and 3 right after I get done working out.

dbroncofan said:
They are made by Prolab...dosage is as follows:

L-Leucine 1500mg
L-Isoleucine 960mg
L-Valine 1320mg

I take 1 in am, 1 before 1 work out, and 3 right after I get done working out.

stomach issues are not uncommon with BCAA's. if u r looking to return to normal i would drop the dosage a bit. if u r taking any whey protein shakes u are getting plenty of aminos throughout the day along with your other protein sources. imo the only crucial time would be for PWO.

I only take 5g of BCAA's along with 10g of glutamine for PWO. i suspect that your stomach issues are occuring mostly after you are done working out for the day.

Thanks everyone. I will try lowering the dose by just taking them maybe 2 post workout and see what happens.

Top Bottom