Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OMG!!! I woke up skinnyfat!!

~Enuf~

OMG!! I am freaking out. After my cardio routine this morning, I noticed the definition in my abs... gone.. I look skinny fat.
My diet has remained clean,( maybe too much cabbage) and my cardio been consistent 7 days a week. adn I still Weigh the same.. so WHAT GIVES??? Am I bloated? If so, how long does that take to go down? Why would this happen?
I have been working on trying to get my abs more defined.. not less!!!
Can someone help? Anyone ever gone through this?
Thank you..

Do you have a comp coming up? Why are you doing cardio 7 days a week?

Have you increased you water intake? Is your monthly vistor coming?

We need more info :)

Running can make you look a bit watery for one thing. I think the most important thing is to monitor your bodyfat - I've dropped 9% bodyfat & only 2 lbs so I don't look at the scale for anything useful. Do you track your bodyfat? Do your clothes fit differently? How long have you been dieting / training? And remember that for some people, abs (actually all those areas that are estrogen pattern fat areas) will come in slower than others.

Thank you ladies.. I do cardio 7 days just for my mental sanity. I haven't had my bf checked, nut I'm guessing its around 15% or so. What is the best way to check your bf%?
I've been dietitng very strictly for the past 7 months and training for the past 3 years but SERIOUSLY training the past year. It wasn't until I changed my diet did I see the results of my long term training.
I need to increase my protein intake, and I know it takes time to build abs, I just thought I had more definition than I see right now..
I was craving salt this weekend like a fiend, so I probably DO need more water intake.
I just need to know what to do from here..
Thank you again! I appreciate that I have somewhere to go to ask my questions and concerns.. It really helps

~Enuf~ said:
Thank you ladies.. I do cardio 7 days just for my mental sanity. I haven't had my bf checked, nut I'm guessing its around 15% or so. What is the best way to check your bf%?
I've been dietitng very strictly for the past 7 months and training for the past 3 years but SERIOUSLY training the past year. It wasn't until I changed my diet did I see the results of my long term training.
I need to increase my protein intake, and I know it takes time to build abs, I just thought I had more definition than I see right now..
I was craving salt this weekend like a fiend, so I probably DO need more water intake.
Thank you again! I appreciate that I have somewhere to go to ask my questions and concerns.. It really helps
Best way is to get dunked most pratical way is caliper test.

7 days a week is to much cardio if you need to be active everyday I understand that :) Change out two cardio sessions for 2 yoga classes or videos lower impact great stretch and good to clear the mind. :)

~Enuf~ said:

THe easiest way is if someone at your gym can do a caliper test based on 7 or more pinch points. You can use the tanita scales & such but they measure bodyfat slightly differently than calipers & will usually come out to a higher number - and then people usually freak out because it says a higher number than what we usually consider to be "bodyfat" - e.g. what you say is "about 15%" will probably come out as like 23% on a tanita / bioresistance scale. Doesn't mean its inaccurate or incorrect - just measuring a different way. Using the calipers is probably simpler. Unless you have a facility or a university that can do the "bod pod" or hydrostatic measure.

LMAO @ mental sanity ..... then expect some of your goals to be sacrificed. If I were you, I would find a way to become mentally sane - other than cardio overload.

Were your abs defined one morning and not defined the next? If so, then you need to seriously chill. It is water retention or hormonal-induced bloat. Increase water consumption.

GreatThanks Sassy! I will get my bf tested. I am pretty sure we have hyrdostatic somewhere around here.. but I'll start with the calipers.
I will try some yoga.. I can feel that I could use it. (Thank you Superqt) any ideas on some good videos.
I will focus on eating more and tone down the cabbage a little too..
Hopefully I can notice a difference with some more waterintake and some time as well... I'll keep ya posted. But thank you all!!

If you have digital cable & Video on Demand - there are a lot of fitness videos available free....

Top Bottom