Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

heavy weights/cardio questions...

strongchick

if you do heavy weights with lots of cardio, is this the equivalent of lots of reps?

is the quality of the muscle different if you do major rep sets vs. major weight/low rep sets?

do more reps burn muscle away?

I'm addicted to heavy weights (heavy for me, anyway)...will I eventually get blocky?

if a person does a high-rep workout, will this reduce muscle size?

I don't think I've seen definitive answers to these questions anywhere...even the beginner sticky thread doesn't really address this issue directly. It seems that a lot of folks still believe in high-rep workouts...

....I'm confused.

strongchick said:
if you do heavy weights with lots of cardio, is this the equivalent of lots of reps?

***No, its's better. Heavy weights build muscle-ie shape and cardio burns fat. "Lot's of reps" do very little-assuming you are talking what most people mean by high reps- handling baby weights for 25 reps etc.****

is the quality of the muscle different if you do major rep sets vs. major weight/low rep sets?

****Very much so. SEE above.

do more reps burn muscle away?

*****No they don't burn muscle per se, but they also don't burn much fat either. *****

I'm addicted to heavy weights (heavy for me, anyway)...will I eventually get blocky?

*******Only if you have the genetics. I'm a GUY, I Squat over 500 lbs for reps, BB row over 350 and I'M not blocky.******

if a person does a high-rep workout, will this reduce muscle size?

******If they have already built size through heavy training, then yes, becuase the baby weights won;t maintain the size.*****

I don't think I've seen definitive answers to these questions anywhere...even the beginner sticky thread doesn't really address this issue directly. It seems that a lot of folks still believe in high-rep workouts...

*****The answers are all over the place. Check any good basic book on strength training.The net has hundreds of pages with sound training advice on them.
Happy reading****
*******It doesn't matter "what a lot of folks believe" 600 years ago A lot of folks believed the earth was flat. Of course it isn't. Truth is objective, it isn't determined by popular opinion.
READ, inform yourself, train hard and good luck.:)

....I'm confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom