Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rant grrrrr

thatbloke

okay guys

so after watching a few workout videos on jay cutler tv on youtube ive gotten cranky

am i the only person here they gets upset or frustrated after watching his workouts?

he cant do a pull up

he curls 50 pound dumbells for 8 reps struggling

he stiff leg deadlifts 315 for 10 on failure

does isolateral rows with 100kgs, the same as his 180pound training parnter

he squast 315 for 8 and struggles n needs assist reps from his partner

only thing ive seen the guy lift heavy is on chest, alwise everything else he lifts like a 16 year old teeenager at the gym

now i know bodybuilding is about how you look and size, and not about wat you lift

but am i the only one who thinks that its upseting that the current MR OLYMPIA (the greatest bodybuilder on the planet) cant do a pull up?

and it not jay only, more and more videos i watch of pros working out and i see 25inch arms curling 50 pound dumbells

am i the only one that thinks this irritates? or thinks its damages alot of the reputation of bodybuilding

Yep it's fucking rediculous. That's why I don't watch his vids... Or many bodybuilding vids for that matter.

Last edited:
How do you know he can't do a pull up? Just wondering.

Also, 50lbs. is definitely enough for bicep growth. I haven't watched his vids, but if you do super strict form with 50lbs DBs, so that your bis are completely isolated and 50lbs is being completely lifted by your bis than its not that easy. Biceps are a very weak muscle. Although 50lbs. is astonishingly light.

Also, you don't know when in his workout he was doing these exercises, maybe he was already spent and just trying to burn.

Just playing devil's advocate. I do agree with you.

How do you know he can't do a pull up? Just wondering.

there are video's of him attempting them and using a tiny ROM. Not even getting his forehead to the bar.

if you do super strict form with 50lbs DBs, so that your bis are completely isolated

that isnt the form he uses

Also, you don't know when in his workout he was doing these exercises.

yes you do because the video's thatbloke is talking about are the ones published by jay cutler himself and it is a video of him entire workout.

i wonder if they are struggling with their workouts because of the ridiculous pumps. or it could be they make things harder then they should be by really squeezing the muscle and ripping up the muscle fibers, rather then worrying about doing monster weight

Keep in mind that he weighs close to 300lbs in contest shape. When you're 5"11" or shorter and weight like 285lbs RIPPED that's a fuck ton of weight to pull up fat or not. The heavier you get the harder pullups become.

I'm quite proud I can still do a couple strict pullups at my current weight and I'm certainly not lean.

That said his strength is embarrassing for his size. He is fucking HUGE and proportionately should be alot stronger.

I have seen him do db curls and they weren't that strict. I honestly believe that 50lbs db curls done uber strict for a couple sets of 10-12 can build pretty massive biceps. If each rep takes 3-4 seconds and is ultra strict and you can do 10+ reps for a couple sets you will have some leet biceps. I see guys that curl 45's and 50's with simply "ok" form when they would get a better bicep workout using 30's.

If your goal is purely strength then a looser style using reps around 3-5 will build some powerful biceps, but they may not look like you would think they would.

ThatBloke, keep in mind (and don't take this the wrong way bro) that Jay Cutler and all these "known/marketed" pro's are:

A. On ALOT more gear than you. Higher amounts and number of AAS, lot's of gh, slin, peptides, synthol etc.

B. Have been training a loooong time. Jay has been training probably 20 years consistently now. Only those with the most unholy genetics make pro fast. Years of hard work and heavy drug use are required to get a pro card.

C. Genetics. You have good genetics ThatBloke. I personally think you have great genetics because you are strong as fuck for your size and very lean. You have a good build and if you trained and dedicated yourself to it I think you could make an AMAZING powerlifter. BUT, there are varying degrees of genetic excellence and only those with the absolute best muscle shape, symmetry, proportions and response to AAS make it to the absolute top.

Jay Cutler with as much drugs is he is on and his ability to tolerate them as well as response to them could probably do 1 half ass set to failure for each muscle using only isolation exercises and do this 2-3x a week and be insanely huge.

It sucks. Trust me I know all about it. I wanted to be a bodybuilder as a kid. After about 2 years of typical highschooler bb'ing bullshit without doing legs or back I came to realize that I did not have the genetics to seriously bodybuild. I have wide ass shoulders, but I also have wide hips. That's a great combo for being strong or punching hard, but terrible aesthetically. You have far better aesthetics than I ever did, but compared to Jay or any "top" pro that's not enough. They are on another level even besides the massive drug intake.

I had a friend that I shit you not had the genetic potential to be mr.olympia within a couple years of hardcore lifting and juicing. He stood 5'10", 215lbs with a 6 pack and serratus striations with an amazingly powerful build, awesome shoulders, awesome every thing and he still had a svelt waist. This fucker had 18.5" arms that looked like Arnold's. Literally not a single muscle group that wasn't amazing and to top it all off he was unbelievably strong and had perfect proportions. He could do strict seated db presses with 85's for sets of 10-12 and do an almost effortless raw olympic style squat with 315 and an easy 450 stiff legged dead the one time I got him to train with me

UNTRAINED............................................

That's right. He did those lifts in one session over the course of about 30 minutes. That squat was not even close to a max. I don't know how the fuck he even did that squat considering his heels were maybe a foot apart and it was high bar ass to grass. He was talking while he did it and said he didn't want to go heavier without a belt. He basically stiff legged deadlifted the 450 and did not want to go heavier without a belt. He could curl 50lbs db's effortlessly in strict form for high reps. He later told me a couple months later that there had been some kind of bench press comp at a party he had gone to and untrained he benched 295 for 6 reps.

At his highschool at age 16-17 he set high school records for legit lifts of 565 convential deadlift, 405 bench and 500 squat. All Raw at 16-17 years old and 165lbs..... .....with only about 2 years consistent training ....drug free and not fully physically matured. Those records still stood for as long as I knew him so a good 10 years. I would not be surpised if they still stand now.

W T F.

He was a good friend of mine at the time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to throw up a little every time I saw the guy with his insane physical gifts and he had almost no appreciation or understanding of his potential. He was literally so gifted he either could have been a champion bodybuilder OR a champion powerlifter.......

I'm not making this shit up. It's so unfair it's unreal lol.

So ya.

They're called mutants.

I agree with you totally Bloke. I do like Cutler but I you look at the old schoolers I think their body type and look is a while lot more appealing than the current crop of freaks. That's what they are. I have heard stories of how a simple car ride can be a chore for Cutler, ac needs to be ran on high and still sweats like he was left for dead in a desert. I have a few month old muscle and fitness with an old pic of Arnold on it, dude was in amazing shape. Just my opinion, but if I was in heaven an god asked me which body I wanted to be put in for another stint down here. I'd go Arny all day over Cutler. Or any modern builder these days.

I have heard stories of how a simple car ride can be a chore for Cutler, ac needs to be ran on high and still sweats like he was left for dead in a desert

man once a BBer gets above about 280-300 depending on height everything like that becomes a chore to them amount the countless other problems. Walking is hard, washing is near impossible, sweating all the time, insomnia, sleep apnea, countless sides from whatever current cycle they're on, development of diabetes, extreme loss of flexibility (branch warren can hardly touch his right hand to his left elbow), natural hormone production failure and need for hrt, heart problems, high blood pressure etc

personly i think its just coz they use boatloads of synthol, and hence why there in so much pain and can lift so little weight no matter wat exercise they perform

people can tell me all they want about form, feeling the muscle n all that shit

you are exactly right. whether its synthol, or whatever. when he workouts he is in pain and his only goal in the weight room is to rip up those fibers and then repair over and over.

when i did dbol i was in pain when i would workout from the pumps, so i cannot imagine the pain he goes through.

if we did a poll of what body looked better.. the golden age or today's guys i bet 90% of the board would vote for the golden agers.... like it or not thats not how judges judge today. in another 10-20 years with new advancements we will see even more of this trend.

i honestly don't follow the olympia, couldn't care less. but i bet if i lived back then in the 70's it would of been awesome to follow it.

Top Bottom