Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need a FULL routine critique, exercises included. (long)

blood_drinker

I am going to go to this rainforest place near Rio de Janeiro tomorrow for one week, and so I will be unable to train - it will be a long deserved layoff. I am 2 weeks into my bulking phase (natural) and unfortunately I am going to have this layoff. When I get back, I want to start a new routine. I have never posted my full routine, and Id like a FULL critique of it - editing whatever possible - as I know theres a lot to critique. Here goes

Training split:
Monday: Quads, Glutes, Hams, Calves, Abs
Tues: Chest
Wed: Off
Thurs: Back/Bis/Traps/
Fri: Shoulders/ Tris, Abs, Calves
Weekend:eek:ff

ALL EXERCISES ARE PYRAMIDED IN SETS OF 4 IN A 12-10-8-6 FASHION
monday/legday
Sqauts ATF
Leg extensions
Hack squats

Stiff legged deads
Leg curls

Tuesday / Chest day
-Flat bench
-Incline Bench
-DB Bench press (dbs parallel to body, giving me more of a stretch than conventional presses)
-Cable Cross overs

Back bis traps
Pullups
Lat pulldowns
Bent over barbell rows
Bent over db rows

BIS: Following flexs July plateau blaster (13 week program). I will start it when i get back

Traps: Heavy as fuck shrugs
(i need another exercise here)

Shoulder and tris
Stretch
2 warm up sets (lat raises)
Lat raises (heavy)
Shoulder db press
Behind neck barbell press (rear and medial heads)
Bent over db raises (rear delts)

-Skull crushers
-Dips
-Triceps pulldown
- Close grip bench

I know a lot is to be corrected. Please do .
I dont have convential deads - only stiff legged.
Before, I had my leg day on tuesday, and my back would still be sore from stiffs - so I put legs on day 1.
I am thinking of adding convential deads to my leg day as well, to get an extra pump in my quads. Is this fine, considering I already have stiffs for my hams? Would this be overworking my lats not giving me enough recovery time for their workout on thursday? (I might need a change of days again here).
What other suggestions are there, if you cant seem to find mistakes in my routine (yeah right).
BTW, my diet is not a problem. I have it figured all out.
I await smart and complete replies.

Peace

Last edited:
Looks kinda like over training some parts

The back/bi day looks pretty hard on your bicepts. I mean 4 sets of back stuff, then a pretty hard routine on your bi's alone... especially natural seems a bit much.
If your gonna blast them that much I'd split it to a two a day training, or on another day all together sat/sun maybe just for the added recovery from the back day.

Leg day looks really good, about like mine. I use a wide/high foot placement on the leg press instead of the extensions or leg curls, they seem to hurt my knees alot :(

Chest day looks a bit over done also, 20 heavy sets is pretty hard. But you know your body you may respond to high volume better than me, my body likes lower volume higher weight. I'd suggest dropping decline and cable crossovers and do dips, or drop decline for dips and keep crossovers if you are high volume.

Last, one great exercise for traps (fount it at tmag, Ian King maybe) Is lay a bar across yoru shoulders, or use a bar attached to slides and raise your shoulders up, you can use alot of weight and really tear into your traps :)

Thanks elijah. Personally, chest is my best bodypart, and so far I respond very well to this - so Im sticking to this . BTW, I never wrote i had decline.
ABout my conventional deadlift question during legday, should I incoporate it?

Anyone else have smart opinions like elijahs?

BTW, my problem with training is that I am very impatient. I hate to try out new stuff especially when something else is already working. I dont want to try less sets for chest, as this one is working already. If I have enough energy and still get good pumps from my chest routine, is it safe (non detrimental) to keep it?
Or do i have a serious overload of sets?

Your workout looks to be close to what mine is,
except I do shoulders and traps on the same day.
You might want to try some upright rows for your traps.

I do regular deads every second or third back workout.
I do stiff legged deads every second leg workout,
but my legs are my best part and easy to see results.

Good luck with your workout.

The problem with doing deadlifts on leg day is that you'd almost never get them done effectively. That may just be me but when I tried doing them after squats it almost killed me. And if you do deads first you will never get your squats done right. These excercises are to me the two most taxing things by themselves that can be done, let alone doing the one after the other.

So if you want to incorperate deads into your routing I would put them on back days and do them first. I would also put traps with shoulders to even out the workload.

PS: My back routine is pretty close to yours and I find that I only need 2 exercises for biceps and they grow just fine. Give it a try if you haven't already. I mention this 'cause I don't know whats involved in you bicep routine.

Looks pretty good, If I was to adopt that routine Id personally drop the;

BACK:
bent over db rows and replace with seated rows(v-bar).

TRIS:
You do 16 sets :confused:
Id keep the dips and pull dows(alternate with crushers)

GL.

H.

Top Bottom