Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have stalled and I need some advice...

I love wendler's advice :)

cliff's notes on improving the bench (imo) - triples, try to move the bar as fast as possible on every rep, learn to arch & use leg drive.

Agreed....make a slight change is the set/rep scheme AND add some close grip bences on tri day and possible a 4 or 5 board press as well

try changing the supplemental lifts. do you do skulls, flies, tricep kicks, db presses? just change things up to hit the muscles differently.

I love this board! Granted I am not doign the strength lifts anymore, but the regimen I'm following is very basic and its great to see the components of a program scrutinized to get to the next level - always learnign stuff.

And you gotta love Shades' videos too...! Damn amazing and God help you kid... if I were 20 yrs younger, I'd be asking you for a spot ;)

Man thanks guys for all the comments. I am really excited about the changes I am going to be making. I think I am going to take T's advices and change my heavy day's repping scheme. Along with the fact that I will be adding hang cleans permanently along with jerks, I think I could get into the kind of shape I want to be in.

BTW if some of your remember I wanted to get more explosive for flag football(it is all that I have left as a medical student), well I have. I have been pretty much dominating as a receiver and a DB. I had a nice pick 6 tonight. I know it's intramural flag football but it is nice to have an extra gear most people don't have.

Well I set a new PR in deadlift today 425x5. I also did a lot of push pressing in the front. I think that when I start my routine I might reset squats and deads two weeks for almost a deload type experiment. Maybe I won't.

If you're going to triples, and you feel like you need more volume you can work in a couple sets of those close grip benches as a back-off. Frees up your schedule a bit also.

Top Bottom