Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Beast's Training Journal!

1-24-05 Monday Trained Back,Shoulder's and Abs (15 Mins Cardio)

Today was a light low volume back day for me. Back wasnt feeling good going into the workout so I just wanted to get some maintenance work in. I only hit 9 sets of back today since the upper spine pain became sharp. Thats usually when I switch to something else. Heres the routine:

(1/2 a "Speed Stack", "Tiger's Milk" bar)

Back:

Wide-Grip Chin-ups: (Done on smith machine, with bar locked at the top, couldnt figure out my usual grip width, so that may have cut reps)

Seated Low Cable Pulley Rows:

165x15
195x15
210x15
225x15
255x15
300x8

(Sharp pain in upper back by ninth set)

Shoulders:

Dumbbell Laterals: 20x15 (warm-up)

Dropset #1: (No rest between sets)

45x15
40x15
35x15
30x8
20x15
------
68 reps

Dropset #2: (No rest between sets)

65x7
55x4
40x7
30x8

*15 Minutes Of Cardio On Stepper*

Abs:

Kneeling Rope Crunches:

190x15
190x15
190x15
190x15

cwick0 said:
I missed two chest workouts over christmas, so that hurt my numbers some. Ive been doing 455 for 3 reps after 405 for 7-9 reps. Plus im one greedy bastard when it comes to strength and reps on chest. Next week ill be going for 8. Did you notice i didnt do a ton of chest work and see where it has gotten me? No flyes, crossovers, etc.

Yeah i see where you are coming from, if I lack in my primary exercises like benching I usually work harder on my next exercises. I may have to start concentrating on bench more.

Beast what does your current split look like, I've gone through your past few weeks and I cannot seem to figure it out. If its because your injured then post up a split you wouldn normally do.

eat big said:
Beast what does your current split look like, I've gone through your past few weeks and I cannot seem to figure it out. If its because your injured then post up a split you wouldn normally do.

Right now my training is pure adaption. Im trying to maximize my workouts around some injuries. I dont know how much longer Ill last doing freeweight bench or heavy back until something tears. Hopefully I can heal somewhat while still lifting. Whatever happens Ill have to find alternate ways to train. Im not planning on any more lay offs anytime soon. My back was hurting me yesterday, feeling like something was pinched. I was getting tingling and itching all over my back to some degree. I was going to skip a chest workout and do it later. When it came down to it though I ended up training chest and maxing with 400lbs anyway. It was a weaker workout then usual,due to alot of stress and bad eating this week,but I still felt some additional pain afterwards in my back. Ill take it by the week though. Ill probabally just take more rest time and eat alot. More current training split really varies at the moment because of this. Im going by alot of feel. Ive still be setting PR's though even though my main goal was just maintenance. But it never works out that way for me, its either all or nothing. It takes so much for me to maintain anyway, I might as well take it all the way and set PR's. What Ive been trying to do is:

Monday: Back or/and abs,calves,lower back (cardio, Ive had to skip back some weeks)
Tuesday: abs,calves,lower back (cardio, maybe throw in some rear delts)
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Chest (cardio, mainly flat benching)
Friday: Biceps,abs (cardio, alot of strain on my back doing triceps and biceps on the same day)
Saturday:eek:ff
Sunday: Incline bench and shoulders and triceps, abs (cardio)

Some weeks I only end up training 2-3 times a week. Sometimes 4, but I dont really count the abs and cardio days. I make sure to atleast hit chest once a week, some type of shoulder work and arms. Unless my back is really bad. Some weeks I skip back. Legs are not even on the split now. Any type of leg training always goes straight to my back. If I hit chest once a week,hard, I can get stronger on the bench. Volume is also lower then usual overall. Its far from ideal for how Id like to be training, but its alot better then taking another lay off and getting set back months or longer. Still waiting for the results from my MRI too. To see the way I usually train, you might have to scan back a while in the journal. KEEP KILLING THAT SHIT!!

Ok, the chest is what I was looking for, my routine is a lot like yours. I dont have as much volume though, Im a lot like you. Meaning I require volume and forced reps to grow with different rep ranges also. I think I will start doing chest on two different days now.

Thanks man,

eat big

eat big said:
Ok, the chest is what I was looking for, my routine is a lot like yours. I dont have as much volume though, Im a lot like you. Meaning I require volume and forced reps to grow with different rep ranges also. I think I will start doing chest on two different days now.

Thanks man,

eat big

No problem brother! Yea it takes alot of volume for me to even feel like Ive worked my chest. I used to use alot of forced reps. At one point all my flat benching routines were almost pure forced reps, and I went real heavy. This helped me build some strength, but now I do everything unassisted, aside from a lift off on the benches. Let me know how that works out for you. I like doing inclines and flats on seperate days. Lets me hit each one intensely. Im not doing it as often now because of my back. KEEP KILLING THAT SHIT!!

1-28-05 Friday Chest (WEAK day)

Wasnt sure if I was going to train today cuz of my back pain. Felt like my back could possibly tear with heavy weight. I was getting itching in my upper back and tingling as well. My upper spine also had some fairly sharp soreness. When it came down to it though, I said fuck it and trained. Luckily I didnt tear anything, and 2 days later as I write this, back feels no worse then usual. The workout was weak though. My eating was shit this week and alot of stress. So I was only 194 on arrival to the gym. Back felt ok when I was lifting, but not the best. That may have held me back somewhat too. This week Im going to try to allow my back to recover more and plan to eat enough to weigh in at atleast 197 next chest session. Just taking it day by day now. Heres the routine:

(Weighed 194 on arrival to gym, 195lbs after water and meal earlier..LIGHT)
("Speed Stack")

Flat Bench Press:

135x20
225x6
275x5
315x1
335x1
370x1 (warm-ups for max attempt)
400 (1/2 way...WEAK!!)
400 (fail)
400 (fail)
335x4.5 (attempted 5X5 but weak)
335x5
315x6.75
315x7.75 (just short of lockout)
225x23.75

Very little time to train, atleast for me. So workout was cut short. KILL THAT SHIT!!

1-30-05 Sunday Triceps,Biceps,Shoulders and Rear Delts

Hit some PRs on close grip bench. But only cuz its my second time doing the movement. Never really did them with a barbell. Id like to keep them in my routine for triceps aslong as injuries dont interfere. Hopefully itll help bring up my triceps. Heres the routine:

Triceps:

Close-Grip Bench: (Only my second time doing the movement, still adjusting)

95x15
185x15
225x12
275x8.5 (2 Rep PR)
315x1 + some forced reps (PR since I havent done this much yet)
295x4 + 4-5 forced reps (PR, never went that heavy)
295x1 (plus some forced reps)

Rope Pressdowns:

100x15
150x15
170x12
190x8
160x11

Biceps:

Alternating Dumbbell Curls:

35x15 (warm-up)

Preacher Curls with EZ curl Bar:

Dropset: (No rest between sets)

120x17
100x9
80x8
60x10
40x15
------
59 reps total.. Ive done 85 on this set before. Its been a while since Ive done preachers cuz of my back.

Double Biceps Style Cable Curls:

70 (per side)x15
90x15
100x15

Preacher Curl Machine (pin loaded):

130x15
150x10
140x10

Dumbbell Hammer Curls:

55x12
70x8
80x7

Shoulders:

Dumbbell Lateral Raises:

15x15 (warm-up)
----------------
Dropset: (No rest between sets)

45x15
40x10
30x10-15
----------------
50x13

Rear Delts:

Reverse Machine Flies:

150x15
195x15
225x15
240x15

2-3-05 Thursday Attempted Chest Routine

I only got in 4 sets before my back started feeling fucked up, and shooting pain down my arm into my fingers. So it was a worthless day. :

Wide Hammer Strength Chest Press:

90x20
180x15
270x15
360x9

hey beast,
just a suggestion...but instead of doing the reverse fly machine, try sitting on the edge of a bench (so that you are barely on the bench) with your legs together. bend over so that your chest is flat on your thighs. and do reverse flies that way with some db's, keeping your arms as straight (very little bend) as possible. this is very effective for the rear delts.

Top Bottom