Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

225 incline bench reps

Smith Pierce

Bros, I'm 26yrl, 5' 10" and weight 198lbs, about 12% BF and have been lifting weights for 3 years now, still considering my first cycle, but I have done prohormones in the past.
Right now my max incline bench is 225lbs x 8 reps. I think this is pretty good, but I don't have much to compare to, there is mostly old folks in this town and not many guys my age and size in there.. I'm wondering if you bros here think this is a good weight and rep count for my size or if I should be lifting a lot more. I want to have well above average strength.

That is really impressive for your size and weight. If you can bench press your body weight for 10 reps, you are stronger then 98% of the people in the gym. Being able to incline bench more then your body weight for 8 reps is FANTASTIC.

Generally speaking, if you can squat, bench and deadlift your body weight for 10 reps, you are in the top 2-3% of society. 97-98% of people in the gym can't do that.

Its a decent weight. But also difficult to tell based on your height and weight, because as you know, powerlifters are much stronger and lighter than bodybuilders.

Nevertheless, nice bench tho

This is quite a feat, so I would be proud about it. However, don't compare yourself to others too much, and rather focus on comparins yourself to the previous guy you were. That is - focus on making progress and improving, and you will always be on top.

on the internet every kid can bench 3 plates for reps who posts so I'm sure people will say your lifts are shit. they would be wrong because in reality if you randomly picked 10 guys at the gym and told them to incline bench 2 plates 8X MAYBE 1 or 2 tops could do it. and that is being generous. so you should be proud of your accomplishment

i would recommend you focus on doing well at all your major compound lifts, and than when you are ready for a steroid cycle you do it the right way

I would be very proud of that number. Just remember that the only person you are competing with at the gym is yourself. Try to get better than your last session.

It'd be among the strongest in any gym not counting serious juicers. Guessing a near 300lb.max rep, yeah, it's a good lift. You'll keep getting stronger up into your late 30s. So, you can go for the slow and steady or rocket up. And then rocket back down again.

Top Bottom