Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you convict a man for killing the person who raped/killed his child?

Would you convict a man for killing the person who raped/killed his child?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 88.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
If I'm not mistaken, there is precedent for this situation, where there is a lesser charge, as long as it's not premeditated.
If the killer is immediately killed due to overwhelming grief of the parent/spouse/friend/gardener/etc, then it's looked at as a mitigating factor.

More on the book/movie "A Time to kill":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Time_to_Kill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Time_to_Kill_(film)

It's well worth watching.

And on the thread question, a perp who raped/murdered a child would deserve to die - so I wouldn't convict the parent who took revenge on him.

b0und (as it is)

I can plink a groundhog at 350 yards, I'd just set up a long distance shot as he was heading to the courthouse.

heatherrae said:
Jewish?

Huh?

The Jewish faith believes in an 'eye for an eye'. Us Christians are supposed to turn the other cheek and not return evil for evil. Easier said than done. It would take great faith to believe that "Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord" in this case.

biteme said:
The Jewish faith believes in an 'eye for an eye'. Us Christians are supposed to turn the other cheek and not return evil for evil. Easier said than done. It would take great faith to believe that "Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord" in this case.
Yes, but if someone killed my child, I would risk hell in order to kill him.

IT WOULD BE VERY HARD NOT to kill the person who raped/murdered my child.

I would sympathize with the parent who killed the rapist/murder.

Not guilty by reason of insanity or something if I was a juror I would have a hard time convicting a parent of 1st degree murder even though it was premeditated.

BUUuuut.... God says that Vengenance is His.

Yes I would. When in Rome, do as romans do. BUT I would most likely vote for a 2nd degree or even if possible, manslaughter and hope the judge would go easy on him.

biteme said:
You'd torture his family? That would make you a bigger monster than him. So, no you wouldn't. You don't kill innocent people to punish the guilty.

Shut up you nutcase piece of trailer shit.

Top Bottom