Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is your most intense superset/triple set/ or drop set?

power-builder

The worst? I would have to say we were wacked enough to do a squat/deadlift super-set on leg day. Eventualy got to 365/365 for 10/10. Tried it both ways, squats first or deads first doesn't matter - impossible to finish the rest of the leg workout!

Next would be pullup/dummy row super-set, almost as taxing on lungs/heart as above.

A very close third is the dummy bi curl drop set 60/50/40/30 or 70/60/50/40 for 10/10/?/?. 30 lb curls never felt so heavy, almost impossible to finish with 10.

That's grueling hardcore, powerbuilder !

I am not sure if i could handle that, but here is my fav shock therapy to up the intensity:

TRICEPS
- skull crushers immediately continue with close grip bench pressing until you cant lift the weight from your chest

CHEST
- Flyes immediately followed by dips, got that one from Bertil Fox hehe

BACK
- triple drop set T-bar rows

A Beyond Failure drop set where I did Leg Extensions with about 350 lbs for8=12reps, rest paused a few more reps, dropped about 50 lbs, did about 6 reps plus a few rest pause, another breakdown of about 40 lbs, 5-6 more reps and then more rest pause reps.
Then did a second set after a few minutes rest.
Then Squats with over 400 lbs for 10-12 reps.

Awesome!

I like to reach isometric (not concentric!) failure on leg extensions after some heavy squats and then have my spotter pull me to the top for a few intense negatives. When I say intense, I'm talking about them forcing my feet back down to the starting position with everything they've got while you're resisting through the full negative ROM. Afterward that, the pain spreads through your gut and your vision gets kinda hazy for a second. It's a euphoric agony...a truly wonderful experience. :)

power builder...

You've got me psyched about that squat/deadlift super set. I'm gonna try that this week. I've never experienced totally wrecking the two biggest and most painful bodyparts (back and legs) together but I can't wait.

I luvs me some hardcore training...

GK,

Sounds like you're as nutty as me, hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Just be sure to leave enough time to recoup before you do it again.

Top Bottom