Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To discipline a football player...

JOKER47 said:

It's GOOD to be the Strongman sometimes, huh?:)

I would have loved to see their faces when you put that stone on your shoulder....;)

Joker

yeah, but even funnier the dont realize he can almost load a 415 stone.........lol

X

Ok, I don't get the aquat workout. Sounds like a regular leg workout. 225 for 6 sets of 10, 60 seconds between set. He was 240 right?

B Fold, that's great that you are in there doing the same shit that you expect them to do. You lead from the front, not the side.

Clint

Beyond any workout you can give these kids you need to get into there head as a man. Look them in the eyes and make them understand that it is about evolving as a person to harness ones strength and natural ability.

Take the emphasis off the training while promoting the training.

I can't remember exactly what your degree is in, but how practical would it be for you to do something like this for your career?

I know you've been thinking about moving overseas and everything else, but it just seems like a job like this would be a natural fit for you. Your positive attitude along with your knowledge of training sounds ideal for a college strength coach.

PolishHammer1977 said:
Clint

Beyond any workout you can give these kids you need to get into there head as a man. Look them in the eyes and make them understand that it is about evolving as a person to harness ones strength and natural ability.

Take the emphasis off the training while promoting the training.

Wise words here.

Exodus said:
"The methods that other coaches use for punishment, is what I use for practice. If i want to punish a player, I send him home, and dont let him practice or compete untill he gets his act right"

that has stuck with me ever since.

X

B fold- you have a lot of patience man.... that is probably a good thing... I would have been hard pressed not to just tell all of them to get the h-ll off of my field... I know back when I was an athlete the worst thing one could do was to not let me play- that alone motivated me to NEVER screw up....

All the workout stuff I loved.... Granted you might be able to think of more creative punishments.... But I remember smiling one day while running laps, stairs and doing pushups as punishment....

Something else to consider is adding friction to wind sprints.

Say sideline to sideline with a running parachute anywhere from 15-20 full speed sprints 50yds with a chute. This really hurts, and improves speed and stamina.

Hundred yard Bear Crawls, everytime you hear the whistle you give me 20 pushups. Your knees never touch the field or you start over at the goalline. Blow the whistle about five times in between goallines.= 100pushups 100yd bearcrawls - repeat until puke is flowing (usually 2-3).

bear crawls are hell , we did those for lacrosse at my old school a lot, one kid broke his wrist doing them.

sounds like you have a lot of fun bfold, the guys will definatly appreciate your intensity and it will rub off without a doubt, no one likes to be outworked.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Ok, I don't get the aquat workout. Sounds like a regular leg workout. 225 for 6 sets of 10, 60 seconds between set. He was 240 right?

WHO was 240??? :confused:

225 for 6 sets of 10, butt to the floor, nonstop reps (no resting at the top or bottom) with ONLY 60 seconds between racking the bar and de-racking it...is NOT easy. My best was with 300...and I puked after my 5th set. High bar, full, butt to the floor squats.

B True

Top Bottom