Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tat's DON'T GET FAT offseason journal

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
I had planned on competing this year, it is my third season, but it is not going to happen as I am not happy with my condition.

I know enough now that if I am not looking ready two weeks out, it ain't gonna happen.

Right now I am a stable 62 kg - 136 lbs - 9 stone 7

Body fat is approximately 14 -16 % (bit lower on upper body, bit higher on lower body).

I have been a bit down about this, but when I assess the situation, one year ago I ruptured my achilles, I was on crutches for about 6 months (I did take this time off and 'got fat'), and I also finished the taught part of my Master's degree.

My weight went up to about 69 kg and I was around 24-25% bodyfat :rolleyes:

If I am honest, I haven't really planned my off season diet as well as my comp diet, and while I have the 'diet' head on, I am just going to continue and have an awesome season next year.

I am also looking for a coach, I think that I will go with one of the local-ish nattie lads who competes in IFBB-linked comps naturally. His condition is absolutely outrageous!

I will be working out a lot of my diet and training plan on this thread, and post up some of my workouts and progress.

Comps I am considering doing

NABBA SE qualifier May 3rd, 2008 - Figure

Titan July 2008 (I won the figure class in 2006) - Figure

BNBF Central qualifier (British Natural Bodbuilding Federation) End of July - Physique - Heavyweight

NPA SE qualifier (Natural Physique Association) Beginning of September - Physique - Heavyweight

UKBFF Lemington Spa or NE (depends if FLEX does this comp) I will probably have to do physique

All the finals for the feddies are in October, NABBA is during the summer.

Going to be a long season, but hey, I love being ripped. Plan to peak for end of July and then October.

:)

Excellent post and good luck to you! Am happy to follow along.

Injury is very hard to deal with, then the added weight makes your goal seem that much further away. :(

I don't compete anymore but I do find it VERY helpfull to always keep my bf/conditioning within a certain range. As soon as I get too soft, I clean up my diet and either hit the gym (I have been known to take as much as 2 weeks off at any given time) with renewed intensity or I change my routine up.

great thread!!! please keep us updated on your progress to the next show. Im in the same boat- competed in Oct, next show in March & im already stressing about any "rebound weight". i wont hit it hard till end of December so my off-seaon is really now till X-mas...yikes!

Progress pics from my phone, sorry about the quality.

Legs were Monday morning, arms shots were about two weeks ago.........

(I had to resize them)

Damn woman... amakes me want to clean up my diet and hit the gym with some regularity for a change.

You really look great. What is it that you are looking to improve on? I mean, I can't see your overall physique so competitively speaking what were your weaknesses?

BIKINIMOM said:
Damn woman... amakes me want to clean up my diet and hit the gym with some regularity for a change.

You really look great. What is it that you are looking to improve on? I mean, I can't see your overall physique so competitively speaking what were your weaknesses?

Thanks hun! :)

I will take some overall compulsory poses, quarter turns, I haven't done any of those in awhile......

Improvements, there is some asymmetry with my quads, as my right one carried my whole body weight (++++) for 4 months (I was still going to uni in London and my backpack weighed 15 kg on average, how I did it, I have no idea now) so bigger sweep on my left leg.

Left bicep is a wee bit smaller than right. Quads are cutting up, my still holding fat on my hamstrings, glutes and a bit on my lower back.

Need to tighten up a bit on back, bit on glutes.

I would love for my shoulders and biceps to be a bit bigger as well, and I don't think my abs have ever come out properly............

It's funny how you get into routines, I am totally feeling a bit odd not doing cardio for 4 days......................

I am also loving the low carb thing, having a hard time getting my head around eating them again

Haven't sorted out my new workouts yet, I have decided to start going a bit heavier already......

Tonight I did a really quick back workout - 40 min

Deadlifts

warm up 20 kg/44 lb x 25 for warmup

working sets 60 kg/132 lbs x 10/10/12

Wide grip cable pull downs

working sets 40 kg/88 lbs x 10/10/11

Barbell rows

warm up - 20 kg/44 lbs x 25

working sets 40/88 lbs x 9/10/11

I would usually finish off with some back extensions but I ran out of time, my bad..........

Top Bottom