Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sweet taste in my mouth sometimes during the day, especially after working out

Sub-Zero

High End Bro
Platinum
i eat sugar very rarely, and in my post workout shake i usually do 70g carbs, either all from waxy, or half waxy half blended oats.

anyway, after working out sometimes (and intensely right now) i have this taste of something sweet in my mouth....i just had dry ass chicken, and its been 4 hours since my shake.

any idea what this could be related to?

im not on anything except jack3d and food for the past 3 months

how much artificial sweetner do you use? or how many products do you use with artificial sweetner? maybe it could be caused by this?

I sometimes get sweet taste from artificial sweeteners in some shakes that use it as a sugar substitute. Read the ingredients label for any sort of artificial sweetener or maybe try a different shake to see if that helps.

pick up a blood glucose meter and check your blood sugar bro.

this is what im concerned about

im using maybe a total of 3 packs of splenda and using ON whey, but this has happened to me in the past without using splenda in the past.

im usually pretty low carb, but im medium carb this week,

and it happened again today,

i notice it starts to happen almsot exactly 2 and a half hours after consuming my pw shake, which has the greatest amount of carbs that i eat in one sitting

It's the ketones in your blood. When your body is carb starved, it uses fat as fuel (fat breaks down into ketones). That's what causes the sweet taste. It's common among low carb diets, if you're diabetic, then it's a problem.

It's the ketones in your blood. When your body is carb starved, it uses fat as fuel (fat breaks down into ketones). That's what causes the sweet taste. It's common among low carb diets

I think this is the problem. I had it for the first three weeks of my 10 week low carb run this summer...it was enough to drive me nuts at times. You can give yourself a short break from the sickly sweet taste by rinsing your mouth with some strong non-sweetened tea; the tannins overwhelm your tastebuds for a few minutes with mild bitterness that is a welcome change from the sweetness.

I think this is the problem. I had it for the first three weeks of my 10 week low carb run this summer...it was enough to drive me nuts at times. You can give yourself a short break from the sickly sweet taste by rinsing your mouth with some strong non-sweetened tea; the tannins overwhelm your tastebuds for a few minutes with mild bitterness that is a welcome change from the sweetness.

i kind of like the taste, im just worried about my health

Pick up some ketostix. You can find them at most drug stores or pharmacies. They'll tell you if you're in ketosis or not. If you are, the taste is normal.

Top Bottom