Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sweet taste in my mouth sometimes during the day, especially after working out

Pick up some ketostix. You can find them at most drug stores or pharmacies. They'll tell you if you're in ketosis or not. If you are, the taste is normal.

but if its caused by diabetes would i still show up as positive for ketosis?

Ketosis is a natural process that occurs when fats are converted into energy by the body -- usually when there is not enough glucose (carbohydrates) to provide for the body's energy needs. Instead, the fat is broken down into energy, and "ketone bodies" are the molecular by-products of this metabolic process.

Ketosis may occur during fasting, after an extended period of exercise, or when a high-fat/low carb diet is followed. It can also happen during an illness when nausea and/or vomiting make it difficult to keep food down.

Ketosis in and of itself is not a harmful process and occurs among diabetics and non-diabetics.

However, when ketone levels become excessively high, a condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis, aka DKA, can occur.

Defintion Ketosis - Ketosis and Diabetes

Ketosis is a natural process that occurs when fats are converted into energy by the body -- usually when there is not enough glucose (carbohydrates) to provide for the body's energy needs. Instead, the fat is broken down into energy, and "ketone bodies" are the molecular by-products of this metabolic process.

Ketosis may occur during fasting, after an extended period of exercise, or when a high-fat/low carb diet is followed. It can also happen during an illness when nausea and/or vomiting make it difficult to keep food down.

Ketosis in and of itself is not a harmful process and occurs among diabetics and non-diabetics.

However, when ketone levels become excessively high, a condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis, aka DKA, can occur.

Defintion Ketosis - Ketosis and Diabetes

alright thanks, it could be that i only get this taste after my work outs because they are intense?

I get something like that but it tastes like vodka lmao

alright thanks, it could be that i only get this taste after my work outs because they are intense?

For sure. Once you've depleted all your carbs, usually fat/ketones are the next fuel.

Another byproduct of really heavy exercise is sweat that smells like ammonia or bleach. It's fairly common among distance runners/bikers, but it can happen to just about anyone. If you think that sweet taste is weird, wait until you take off your socks and they smell like Clorox!

For sure. Once you've depleted all your carbs, usually fat/ketones are the next fuel.

Another byproduct of really heavy exercise is sweat that smells like ammonia or bleach. It's fairly common among distance runners/bikers, but it can happen to just about anyone. If you think that sweet taste is weird, wait until you take off your socks and they smell like Clorox!

is this only when carb depleted?

Not only. It's more of a high protein thing. If your body can't process all the nitrogen from the protein you're consuming, sometimes you sweat it out instead. Happens to me all the time, regardless of diet.

Top Bottom