Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Special-K : CXD and taking a month off

mojokid

Special-K / Mr. X

I did as you suggested, cut out the excess protein and upped the dietary fat ( mostly EFA's ) not even going near my BMR - .05 ( I aways stayed below, probably below 10 % )

I did 30-35 minutes of empty stomach morning cardio everyday as well as 30-40 minutes of evening cardio, also taking my multi V's, Clenbutrx Capsules, ThyroLean, Biotest T2, small dosages of ALA just to make sure I stayed level, CLA, Yohimburn.

My weight post carb up ( last Sunday ) was 196, today Thursday I came in at 187-88 ( I know most of it was water ) I used my keto sticks, and I don't know what the hell is up but they never turned any other color than what they originally are, I mean they seemed to turn darker when I held the strip down in the shadow of myself but when I brought it up to the light, same beigish color with a very slighty red tint ( very slight ) I was so intent on hitting ketosis, I cardio'd like a mofo, weight trained too, made sure my fat intake was up and protein was down, little to no carbs and I just never seem to hit ketosis, even after starving myself to the point of extreme light headedness and inability to move or speak well because of lethargy. I noticed I did get a little leaner, but I was expecting more. I have been low-carbing and undereating for a long while ( maybe 9 months or more ) and I have been taking stimulant supplements probably for more than a year straight ( whether Xenadrine or Stacker 2 or NYC or Clenbutrx ) non-stop and I've also been doing heavy cardio non stop 7 days a week for 1 1/2 to 2 years straight non stop, and while I see improvements the whole time slowly but steadily, I guess I'm more concerned with getting down in weight number wise and totally losing my love handles, since I know you can't grow muscle on a CKD, I was thinking I would go down a nice chunk in body fat ( especially around the obliques ) maybe between now and tomorrow night I will weight in at 184, meaning I lost body fat. ( When I started keeping track of my weight about 3 weeks ago, I was 188, and I can not seem to 'break' that barrier, even with very low carbs , extreme cardio and moderate weight training and supplements, and carb-ups starting 3 weeks ago ( before that I never did a controlled carb-ups, just very short cheat meals once in a whlie
and I was thinking maybe my metabolism needs more of a long term carb-up or carb increase to jump reset, I was thinking of dropping all stimulant supplements starting Dec 1st, going to an iso caloric 33/33/33 slowly incorporating carbs back into my diet ( good carbs ) for a months time, the only supplements I would think to use would be Thyroid supplements, stuff with L-Tyrosine and Guggulsterones and continuing with my 5-htp and multi vitamins. Doing this for a month, and then starting the new year, re-enter a CKD to try to drop the last stubborn pockets of fat around my mid section and lovehandles and gluts.

I was wondering what you thought of that, or what you think a good idea would be to 'totally' and completely reset my metabolism, it's very annoying to have a 34 inch waist but be able to grab a chunk of love handles ( they are less noticeable if I throw on a pair of 36 waist jeans, makes them look REAL normal , but no matter what you do it's still there, now mind you it goes down a little by the by, but like I said before ( in other posts ) I used to be 300 lbs so there is loose skin and the last bastions of fat and I thought with all the effort I'm putting into this, I should be getting more out of it.

I truly value your opinion and appreciate all the time you've taken out to help people like me, and I apologize for the lengthy post, I just do not want to continue on my current path, wasting money on supplements and doing useless cardio, if my body is not responding because of decreased thyroid activity due to my long term calorie restrictions and exercise.

Thanks again and sorry for the LONG post
oh btw, I put CXD because I can't hit ketosis so it's not a CKD for me :p

Yes, you have the right idea: drop all the supplements (stimulats that is) and start an isocaloric diet. Keep that up for 1 mo. then go back on a CKD>

P.S. the most likely reason you are not showing ketones is because you are using them up for energy.....so, you can be in Ketosis but the Ketostix will not show it

Mr.X

Hmm

Mojo,
Dont sweat this, You lost 100lbs remember, you probally look so much better then you have in a long time. Remember you probally put that weight on over the course of years, so it will take time to get it off. You will be ready for summer, and do what MR X says a follow that iso diet, and try to eat healthy while enjoying yourself. You have made great strides. Keep it up.

First, like everyone else said, congratulations on your weight loss. You lost a whole Backstreet Boy. :)

Before you throw in the towel, consider that you're not showing ketones because your urine is too dilute. When are you measuring? After an overnight fast (ie, several hours when you haven't drunk any water) is a good time.

thanks everyone :)

I do totally look different and I mean I look ( at least with clothes on ) like my goal image of myself when I started even better than that , it's just that the oblique part is a little annoying, but I will take Mr. X's advice as it has always proven priceless. People are constantly telling me to stop losing weight and I keep telling them I'm not sick or anything and it's not "WEIGHT" I want to lose, it's the last of the body fat, I'm quite content with my appereance save for that part. I keep doing the keto diet to hopefully mobilize my oblique adipose.

Ceebs : I do drink a lot of water, but I test it when I wake up in the morning, and the past 2 nights I have drank or eaten nothing 3 to 4 hours prior to bed, so I thought I would show ketones but nothing, but I notice a difference so I must be there, although like Mr. X said, you do not need to be in ketosis to lose bodyfat.

And i'm not going to use this month long carb-increase to pig out, from everyone's help here, I know the proper foods to eat even while pigging out.

a lil' update

Two days before week-end weigh-in I stopped the stimulant supps, and did the normal routine and when I weighed in I was 183 ( previous weight post-carb up last week was 196 and was not able to go below 188 for some time ) I know most of it was water, but since I lost 13 pounds in weight and I know I wasn't holding 13 pounds of water, I know a fair chunk of that was fat ( or maybe muscle, lord knows I probably went catabolic during my over-cardio sessions )

I'm not exactly sure what was the culprit here, it could have been that I finally reached ketosis in those last two days and just burned off a lot of fat, or maybe it was the 25+ grams of CLA that I took daily for that week.

Even though that was a VERY sucessful CKD week, and as always you were right Mr. X, (even though I kept protein low and fat up with your ratios, I still under-ate but instead of overcompensating with protein, I took some UDO's, and voila, here I am) I am still going to take that month off, I want to build some muscle mass and this month off would be as good a time as any.

and macrophage I purchased 3 bottles of r-ala for this upcoming months isocaloric refeed :) I'll grab the yohimburn w/ DF and nyc at the end of the month when I start ckd back up

again thank you everyone for the support and vitor, I saw your other post with your pics, THOSE are the abs and obliques I want :p

Top Bottom