Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Raisin bran and bodybuilding diets

mattew5

is it ok to eat it before training? I ususally have carbs before lifting like brown rice and potatoes so can get to the gym with full energy, but sometimes I don't have time to cook so i was thinking to hace some raisin bran cereal with milk when I'm in a hurry.

cereal with milk is not ideal at all. very heavy on the stomach and very little in the way of nutrition.. milk is hard to digest so you never want to mess with that before a workout, you will get the shits

instead go with a couple eggs, a piece of bread or sweet potato, and a piece of fruit. way more nutritious and easy to digest/ will give you energy

Take a look at the nutrition facts pact and see how much sugar is in a serving of Raisan Bran. You would be really surprised. Not to mention the fact that wheat is extremely inflammatory in the body and not that great of a carbohydrate source to begin with.

I like to use plain brown rice cakes when I am in a hurry. There is nothing in them but puffed brown rice. I will drink a shake and eat 4-5 plain rice cakes with some sugar free jam on it. It's a much better option all around. Much less sugar and brown rice will digest a lot better then wheat.

Eating wheat and dairy before your workout will most likely make you feel gassy and bloated throughout your workout.

Your normal day of rice and potatoes is a great pre workout meal. I would personally add a little protein from something like eggs. I wouldn't have raisin bran pre workout, especially with milk. Dairy is terrible. If you are in an absolute hurry, have a whey isolate shake with a half cup of oats thrown in the shake.

If you don't have time to cook, you may as well consider eating canned tuna - it is very easy and fast to get prepped - just open the can and you are ready to go. Also, it takes just 3 minutes to boil your eggs, and like 5 minutes to make your oalmeals. All of those meals will do much more for you in terms of energy and workout quality, and they are a much healthier option, so I would go with them.

Top Bottom