Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for you ladies

Delinquent

I was wondering what you fine ladies do to get a total ASS kicking workout. My girlfriend is doing four sets of 160-175 for squats, then does three sets of leg presses and then walking lunges and she's still not sore in her glutes or quads. Any input would be appreciated.

i do single leg sets... single leg squats (one leg on a bench, with dumbells), single leg presses, single leg deadlifts (just kidding)

when you go to single leg you concentrate more on your form and its a lot harder... start at less than half the normal max, you'll be surprised at how weak single legs can be (i can do 5 plates on the press normally but only about a plate and a half single leg)...

if you really want a burn superset a double leg set with a single leg set (alternating starting legs for 4 double sets in total)... need a training partner to switch the weights for you though...

that's what I do

Does she want to get sore??
What are the goals - lean out or gain muscle?
With that weight, I think gain muscle. so have her slow down on reps, hold at the "top", then add more weight if that does not work.
LIke Phom said - super set her!!

Bunny

In addition to the exercises already mentioned (stiff-legged deadlifts, lunges, single-leg presses, etc.), have her use a rowing machine for cardio. The rower absolutely COOKS my glutes! Thankfully, no one else at my gym knows this, so it's always empty and waiting for me. :)

She must really concentrate on going deep and squeezing with the glutes with every stride. This is great for the legs and calves as well. Make sure the lower body is doing most of the work.

I usually do intervals, alternating a minute of medium pace with a minute of all-out. It's really tough to do more than 15 minutes of this - and I've only just worked up to that. I usually tack it on to the beginning or end of whatever other cardio I'm doing. Her glutes will be SCREAMING during AND after! :kaioken:

I do;
4 sets squats 132-154lbs
4 sets leg press 264-354lbs
3 sets hack squats 132-154lbs
3 sets leg xtentions 90-110lbs

I get sore for the first 4 weeks of a new leg routine then it gradually gets better so I substitute walking lunges for the hack squats.

Top Bottom