Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about eating before bed?

scout420

Whats up fellas, I hear some peoplesay that it's bad to eat before bed.Is this true and if so why.Also I mean if I have something healthy before bed like a grilled chicken salad with fat free dressing would'nt this be benneficial?

I can't give you any medical mumbo jumbo. All I can tell you is what I have heard. Probably the same as you. My understanding is that eating before bed makes the food more likely to store it self as fat since your matabolisim has slowed down.
Now I will sit back and wait for the experts to fill us both in.

What I have read is that you should eat soild protien before bed so that you can break it down while you sleep. Just stay away from carbs

it is just not recommended to eat carbs before bed if you don't want to get fat

but a shake (or any protein meal) is OK - and a bit og good oil (EFS, omega 3s) is also OK

I've heard that the best thing to take is 2 servings of whey and flax oil. The oil will prevent an insulin spike, and also slow the digestion of the protein, so it will be broken down very slowly throughout the night, sparing muscle.

NEVER eat before bed, your metabolism changes drastically and everything you eat will be stored as visceral fat in the stomach, which is much harder to remove than your avg. subcontaneous fat, its special fat that only gets stored at night.

OK, just kidding. All that matters is 24 hour calorie intake vs. expenditure, take in less than you burn and you lose weight, regardless. Only reason not to eat too late is if it interferes with your ability to sleep, if not than many people use the trick of dont eat after (fill in time) to make you consume less calories.

On that note, it would make sense to ingest a "slower" protein before bed since you're going without protein for several hours. In this case either use whole food, (chicken, beef, etc), OR, a casein based protein such as low-fat cottage cheese or casein protein.

Whey protein before bed is pretty much a waste b/c it enters the bloodstream so fast and much of it is oxidized for energy, not keeping you in a positive nitrogen balance for long. AND, contrary to popular belief, adding liquid oils DOES NOT slow gastric emtying, meaning that oils to a shake or meal will not slow down the rate of digestion, so flaxseed oil added to whey will not slow the entrance into your system.

The no carbs b4 bed is another one of these myths and as long as your factoring them into your diet some can be eaten at night with no problems in terms of fat loss.

I never understood this dumbass theory. You're setting up yourself for an 8 hour fast by eating a low calorie protein based meal? WTF? If your cutting, that *might* be enough food, if bulking or trying to add a little muscle then hell no. Heres what I eat before bed every night:
1.5 cups fatfree cottage cheese
2 T peanut butter
440 calories
53g P
17g F
14g C

FF CC is an excellent choice because a)the protein is slow and b) the carbs are very "slow" as well.

If you do eat carbs make them sloooow like nuts and very starchy veggies.

JC

definately at least a lil something

something light like a peanut butter protein shake...or miixed w/ olive oil....somethin for your muscles tomuch on while they sleep and grow!

Top Bottom