Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pyramid up,down or rep out

COOKSTER

Bro's, many different opinions on this at my gymn.
Whats the best for mass,

PYRAMID UP,PYRAMID DOWN OR REP OUT SAME WEIGHT FOR EACH SET.

Opinions please!!

Don't pyramid purposely.

Say you do 2 sets for bench [this seems to be everyone's favourite exercise!]

After a nice progressive warm up with medium to low reps [I really hope you know what a progressive ewarm up is - if not, this board needs help!]

Ok, you have a nice bag of blood in your pecs.

Go straight into your heaviest set and get as many reps as you can - in other words, go to failure.

Second set, again get as many reps out as possible, maybe even increase the weight if you think you can handle it.

I say don't pyramid purposely cause you may find on some days you can do more reps on your second set!

Robboe is exactly right. After warm up, go as heavy as possible for approx. 5-6 reps. There's no need to pyramid. Maximum intensity all the time.

cookster,

I think what you are refering to is drop sets. And yes it is by far the best way to tone, and shape your muscles with no cardio help.

Cookster: if you do 2 sets for bench and get 5 for the first set and 3 for the second, make sure you get 6 reps for the first and 4 reps for the second at least, the week after. i.e. progress.

proggressive resistance is the key. However if its getting to the stage where you are having to do 2 or more forced reps to beat what you did the previous week then change your program.

No - look at your diet first.

Then if changing that fails, then change routine.

9 times out of 10 it is diet.

Top Bottom