Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push Ups and sit ups or not??

hahahaha, Bro it's 3am where I am right now....and yeah I just did my 5th set of the night...going to bed now. And BTW I did chest today....I am in pain, and I agree "could never be considered a waste of time"

When I was in the military I couldn't lift for 10 months one time. I was doing 1000 crunches and 500-700 push ups a day. While the pumps were great, I honestly didn't gain any chest size or anything like that. Maybe, if I was taking in more calories I would have. But either way, they are still good for keeping the muscles hard and good for your cardiovascular system. Can't hurt, thats for sure.

dont see the harm I guess, but I also dont see the benefit. And if something doesnt give me a measurable benefit, then chances are I wont be wasting my time doing it.

As for "sit ups" Im with OMEGA on this one... waste of time... do some SKWATS!

As for the subject of "overtraining" to think you cant exhaust your CNS and be overtrained just because you are "on" is completely untrue. In fact, I would guess... 90% of the members on this board with over 1 year of lifting experience are in some stage of overtraining.

I remember readin arnold was saying back in the early days they would go to shows and the boys who were competeing would stay in the same hotel rooms to save money or something....or that bodybuilding was just so new at the time it was all the same guys going to each show, well that part is obvious but anyways he said something about one of the guys doing pushups in the middle of everynight because he was worried he is going to lose his pump. Maybe he was talkin about Franco, I'm not sure? Funny though.

Not a waste. Variation is key to bodybuilding. I do abs 3 days a week just to increase core strength. Nothing fancy, about 15 minutes of crunches, leg lifts knees to chest. No push ups or pull ups though.

get456 said:
As for "sit ups" Im with OMEGA on this one... waste of time... d

thankyou

it just makes no sense as the Abdominals "fire" via a simple crunching

this can be achieve via Deadlift, Squat Etc.

at the most Crunches can be used for touch up weeks before the stage

yes the Deads and Squats will do most of it:)

OMEGA said:
thankyou

it just makes no sense as the Abdominals "fire" via a simple crunching

this can be achieve via Deadlift, Squat Etc.

at the most Crunches can be used for touch up weeks before the stage

yes the Deads and Squats will do most of it:)

Full sit ups are soo bad on your lower back too...

I think floor crunches aren't much better. I believe in going in the other direction -- hyper extended sit ups AKA roman chair sit ups. And my ab exercise in my book is good. Also frog sit ups and crunches using the dipping machine. Any exercise is never a waste if time. Beats jogging. (Which is a waste of time).

Top Bottom