Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Peoples Experience on CKD

Blood&Iron

I've done cyclical ketogenic diets several times over the past few years with varying degrees of success. I generally follow the advice of Lyle McDonald(This is from his posts of a couple of years ago. I don't have his book) Personally, I found that if follow his macronutriet recommendations(i.e. very high amounts of fat) I don't lose weight. If, on the other hand I'm not anal, and just sort of eat when I want, keeping fat around 100g a day or so, protein high, and carbs under 30g I lose at about 1-2lbs a week. But essentially, this turns the diet into a calorie restricted one, and that's sort of counter to the whole idea of the diet. What are other peoples thoughts/experiences on this? I also substitute a very abbreviated whole-body, intense workout in place of the depletion workout suggested by Duchaine.

duchaine's depletion workout is not really possible for most people to do-1st of all, to do all of those exercises would take 2 hours and training for over 1 hour is catabolic-for the diet, keep protein 300g a day or more and carbs 20g or less a day

Thanks. As I said I already did what you suggest in my past several iterations of the diet. What I'm curious about is the fat intake suggested by McDonald and also, I believe, Duchaine, which is something like 1.5 grams for every gram of protein, if I remember correctly. Doing this results in little weight loss, but not doing it results in a calorie restricted diet which isn't really what the diet's about. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

1) The CKD/BO IS a reduced cal diet....Why do you think Lyle says to eat at maintenence or %90 of maint cals. The problem your having is your eating too much probably. Still follow the guidlines of %75 fat and %25 prot. Figure maintence cals and eat at or just below that number. Then just eat about %75 fat at each meal and the rest protein. I usually just eat 3 meals a day, with about 600cals per meal...Oh and BTW 600cals on a CKD diet is NOTHING....very small amount due to the high cal content of fat, but the diet WORKS.

2) As for the depletion w/o's...For them to really be effective and fully deplete muscle glycogen you have to do the circuit style w/o...It never takes me LESS than 1.5hrs to finish. Heres how i do it typically:

circuit consists of the following exercises performing them with a weight that allows you to do 15-20reps and be no where near failure.

leg press, leg ext, leg culs, crunches, calve raises, bench or db bench, flyes, lat pull downs, cable rows, db shoulder press, side laterals, shrugs, preacher curls, overhead db extensions.

rest 1 min between exercises and 5 min between curcuits....do at LEAST 4 usually 5-6.

...you know when your depleted...lol

Top Bottom