Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My In-Season Journal

Hey Guys,
Hockey season starts in two days and I'm going to start a journal here that will follow everything. My diet, practices, games and training sessions will all be covered day-to-day. I know this is a bodybuilding forum, but you guys inspire the hell out of me (especially Walkingbeast) so this is the only place I'd want to keep this journal. Anyway here are a few things about me.

Height: 6'1''
Weight: 175 lbs
Position (In hockey): Forward
Style of play : Grinder/Defensive Forward

Best Lifts
Bench: 135 Lbs x 5
Squat: 205 x 4
Deadlift: 205 x 8

Here is the in-season weight training program, feel free to comment on it and make any suggestions.

Day 1
Bench Press - Work up to a max set of 3-5 reps
DB Incline Press - 3 sets of 6 reps
BB Row - 3 set of 8 reps
Rear Delt Row - 3 sets of 12 reps
Low Pulley Swiss Ball Crunches - 3 sets 8 reps

Day 2
Snatch Grip Deadlifts - Work up to a max set of 5 reps
Speed Skater Squats - 2 sets of 10 reps (per leg)
Single Leg DB Calf Raises - 3 sets of 8 reps (per leg)
Sprinter Sit-Ups - 3 sets of 20 reps (explosive)

Day 3
DB Chest Press - 3 sets to failure
Rope Pushdowns- 3 sets of 10 reps
Chin-ups - 4 sets of 6 reps
DB Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 10 reps
Bicep Curl - 3 sets of 10 reps

Wish my luck this season boys!

-The Lean, mean, Hockey machine!

I like the idea of the dynamic day, how about I rearrange my program to something like this...

Day 1
Bench Press - Work up to a max set of 3-5 reps
DB Incline Press - 3 sets of 6 reps
BB Row - 3 set of 8 reps
DB Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 8 reps
Rear Delt Row - 3 sets of 12 reps
Low Pulley Swiss Ball Crunches - 3 sets 8 reps

Day 2
Snatch Grip Deadlifts - Work up to a max set of 5 reps
Speed Skater Squats - 2 sets of 10 reps (per leg)
Single Leg DB Calf Raises - 3 sets of 8 reps (per leg)
Chin Ups - 3 sets of 8 reps
Sprinter Sit-Ups - 3 sets of 20 reps (explosive)

Day 3
Box Squats - 6 sets of triples
Stiff Legged Dealifts - 3 sets of 8 reps
Bicep Curls - 3 sets of 8 reps
Decline Bench Sit-Ups - 4 sets of 15 reps

looks good..i would moce bb rows to day 2..
also im curious as to what speed skater squats are?? speed skaters definitely have some big ass quads that can with stand lactic acid build up..thats probably and avenue i would look into more..

Basically it's a single leg squat with your other leg behind you, toes resting on a bench. You go down low, come up half way, go back down, than all the way up, that's one rep. Kills the quads.

hmm single leg squats...definitely not an easy exercise..i can see why speed sk8ters would do that..good luck with the season..i miss my playing days..

I've decided that 3 days a week lifting is too much I'm going to cut it down to 2 days. Here's how it''ll look.

Day 1 Legs/Back(Vertical Pulling)/Shoulders/Abs
Snatch Grip Deadlifts - Work up to max set of 5 reps
Speed Skater Squats - 2 sets of 10 (each leg)
DB One Leg Calf Raises - 3 sets of 8 (each leg)
DB Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 10
superset with
Chin-Ups - 3 sets of 6
Sprinter Sit-Ups - 3 sets of 20 (done at home)

Day 2 Chest/Back(Horizontal Pulling)/Abs

Bench Press - Work up to max set of 5 reps
superset with
BB Row - 3 sets of 10
DB Incline - 3 sets of 6
Rear Delt Flyes - 3 sets of 12
Decline Bench Sit-Ups - 3 sets of 15

thats cool..go by how you feel..during the season you dont want your lifting to affect your play on the ice..if that happens dont be afraid to skip a day of lifting or go lighter

September 7th, 2004

Today has been pretty uneventful, it was my frist day of school so it was a little hectic trying to find classes and working out schedules and stuff. But I've been eating well, and often. Tonight is my first ice time for Midget AAA tryouts, I'm very confident that I'll make the team, I played Midget AAA last year. I'm very excited, I'm fresh off of trying out for a junior team, but was one of the last cuts. I really want to dominate these tryouts and make a bid for captain of the team. We'll see though. I'll let you guys know how it went tomorrow.

September 10th, 2004

Tryouts have been going well. I'm clearly one of the better players out there. On wednesday I scored two goals in the intersquad games, I was also a physical presence out there, throwing many hard body checks. Tonight we have another short intersquad game. I'm a little sore after 3 days of tryouts, so I have to suck up the pain and keep on playing like I know I can, because I have 3 more days to go.

Nutrition wise, I haven't been eating very well, it's hard to get your hands on nutritious, energy filled meals now that school is underway. I'll have to work harder to improve that.

I'm off to the rink for the game, wish me luck.

Top Bottom