Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

In need of desperate help, with calves

Dave949 said:
Utilizing rest pause worked really well for my calfs. I hardly ever do straight sets for calfs anymore. I do my first set to failure (12 - 15 reps) and rest 10 seconds and using the same weight repeat the set and do as many reps as I can (usually around 6 reps and the reps go down about 1 rep after each mini set to about 3/4 reps), I usually do my one main set followed by 3 or 4 rest pause sets and I`m done and walk (limp) away. My calfs are totally torched, pumped and in extreme pain but this is what I found has worked for me.

Also, I recently incorporated doing 21`s for my calfs immediately followed by 3 or 4 rest pause sets in the same manner as described above. The 21`s followed by rest pause is not for the weak of heart. It is very painful but man do your calfs get torched and scorched.

Pump on .....

that sounds brutal man

it stars sAddam said:
amidst all the pain, have you noticed a lot of growth doing these kind of routines for your calves?
Well Bro....I had lousy calfs to begin with and I have been at the iron naturally for 22 years now and started doing the rest pause for calfs consistently about 3 years ago. I am not stating my years at lifting to come across as Mr. experienced but rather to put in perspective how difficult and arduous it is to improve and gain any size after manys of lifting. My calfs did improve and started to become fuller in size with improved shape within a few months of using the rest pause technique. How much size ? I never measured. Honest ballpark figure.....1/2 of an inch in size within a years time and they now have a very chiseled look when I flex them. Now granted 1/2 of an inch doesn`t sound like much and it isn`t but after training for so many years and then being able to add 1/2 of an inch naturally to me was a huge gain. Its all relative I guess.

Now if I could only add a half an inch to my arms I would be so thrilled I would shit my pants !!! :)

Pump on .....

Last edited:
my calves seem to be keeping steady growth. i hit them 2x a week, once seated, once standing. i picked a good weight to start with and did 5x15 for both exercises. increase the weight every week by 5lbs. i hit a point where i couldn't do all 15, so i dropped to 12 reps, kept going up for a few weeks.

but then i had a short break from lifting, so i got back into it at 5x15 again with a pretty heavy weight. i'm now dropping to 5x12, and i think once i can't do that, i'll either go back down in some weight and do 5x15 again, or go higher still and do 5x10. i must be doing something right, cause my calves keep growing. hell, they're growing faster than my bis/tris (and are now 1/2" bigger than my bis/tris).

oh, i don't take much of a break between sets, usually long enough to catch my breath real quick, walk to the water fountain, and back in for another set. hurts like hell, but my legs have been recovering fast. yeah, i limp to the shower, but after that, i'm ok.

Top Bottom