Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

In need of desperate help, with calves

it stars sAddam

I seem to have a problem on my hands. Like many members of the bodybuilding community, my calves are lagging, badly.

More than likely, this is largely due to the fact that when I first got into lifting (around my freshman year) I neglected legs because I was naive and solely concerned with upper body. Now over the past few months Ive really been trying to get into leg training, and I am quite satisifed with the way my quads and hams are turning out. But the calves are just such a weak point for me.

Does anyone have advice as to how I could bring calves up effectively? Ive done the Nelson Montana thing for a few weeks, and lately Ive been doing calve raises 4 sets of 15 after Im done with squatting and SLDLs. Havent made a lot of noticable progress. As always feedback is appreicated.

i switch between either seated or standing - i prefer seated though less likely to use momentum IMO

Patience, young pad-wan.

Also, I do my calves 5x5 heavy on leg day. Unlike most guys, my calves are outragously well developed. I get comments on them at the gym all the time. Unfortunatly the rest of my body lags seriously.

Good luck.

it stars sAddam said:
I seem to have a problem on my hands. Like many members of the bodybuilding community, my calves are lagging, badly.

More than likely, this is largely due to the fact that when I first got into lifting (around my freshman year) I neglected legs because I was naive and solely concerned with upper body. Now over the past few months Ive really been trying to get into leg training, and I am quite satisifed with the way my quads and hams are turning out. But the calves are just such a weak point for me.

Does anyone have advice as to how I could bring calves up effectively? Ive done the Nelson Montana thing for a few weeks, and lately Ive been doing calve raises 4 sets of 15 after Im done with squatting and SLDLs. Havent made a lot of noticable progress. As always feedback is appreicated.

If the nelson montana thing si the "100 reps" then alternate between that and stairs with weights hanging from a belt. start at the bottom step..10 reps with full rnage of motion. Next step up and do the same..repeat until failure. Go back to the bottom, stretch and rest a minute and then start again..3 sets. Between the 100 reps on the seated calve raise and staris I added over inch to my calves in 6 months.

mine have trouble growing too, so what i do is 3 exercises, standing, donkey and seated for 3 sets of at LEAST 12 reps, running helps too

Utilizing rest pause worked really well for my calfs. I hardly ever do straight sets for calfs anymore. I do my first set to failure (12 - 15 reps) and rest 10 seconds and using the same weight repeat the set and do as many reps as I can (usually around 6 reps and the reps go down about 1 rep after each mini set to about 3/4 reps), I usually do my one main set followed by 3 or 4 rest pause sets and I`m done with my calf workout and walk (limp) away. My calfs are totally torched, pumped and in extreme pain but this is what I found has worked for me.

Also, I recently incorporated doing 21`s for my calfs immediately followed by 3 or 4 rest pause sets in the same manner as described above. The 21`s followed by rest pause is not for the weak of heart. It is very painful but man do your calfs get torched and scorched.

Pump on .....

Top Bottom