Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm a hardgainer and in need of some help

chronos

I'm a hardgainer, have been lifting for about two months and gotten alright results, but I want to make faster progress and was wondering if anyone could help me. I started out weighing 135 and benching 115, since than my bench is 155 and I weigh 150. I am taking Creatine, Protein, Magnesium, and this men's formula multivitamin. I'm not on a strict diet but I am trying to consume about three times the calories I normally do.

Anyways, with that in mind, is there anything you guys could recommend that would help me progress faster?

firstly the supplements are fine in there place which is well behind real nutritional food like chicken tuna etc, try some. infact try lots because if your not consuming the right amount of protein you will not maximise on your muscular gains if your doing this naturally,and if there is an open secret to this other than hard work its has to be eating right.now theres not a lot of personal info from what you have written about your workout regime here but regarding training if your interested then the advice ive given to shrimp 44 could be of some help as it seems to be applicable here.you have made some gains there which is always a good reason to be pleased with yourself.stay with it ,good luck.

chronos said:
I'm a hardgainer, have been lifting for about two months and gotten alright results, but I want to make faster progress and was wondering if anyone could help me. I started out weighing 135 and benching 115, since than my bench is 155 and I weigh 150. I am taking Creatine, Protein, Magnesium, and this men's formula multivitamin. I'm not on a strict diet but I am trying to consume about three times the calories I normally do.

Anyways, with that in mind, is there anything you guys could recommend that would help me progress faster?

Try getting a weight-gainer supp like EAS Mass Factor or MuscleTech Mass-Tech. Lots of protein with 'clean' calories.

Hmm... adequate calories, protein and rest along with training stimulus are what is needed - make sure u have enough of each and your results will come!

chronos said:

Looks like you are doing pretty good to me.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to post about my workout. I usually just start with bench and do something I can't rep more than eight times, than move up to something I can only rep five times, than do my max two or three times, and than do the same for incline bench. Thats just for tri's and pecs of course, but I do similar workouts for the other muscles.

Also, I forgot to ask, how important is eliminating caffeine from my diet?

Time is your only competitor in this game, and I'm sorry to say, but you will not beat it. Patience.

its good to see you are throwing in some double and triple reps on the bench as close to your max as possible as they are certain to increase your strength in the fastest time.never atempt this with out a spotter and pratice good form at all times.regarding caffeine, in moderation i cant see a problem there in fact some use it as a training stimulant with varying levels of success.

no problem with caffeine - in moderation.
A cup o'joe in the morning and maybe about an hour b4 you workout would be enough to keep you going.

Top Bottom