Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm a hardgainer and in need of some help

Only hardgainers will know were your coming from and can help you get were you want to be! Simple you got to eat as much as possible, do as little as possible.
Train heavy at low reps 5 or less,if your not hurting for 2 or more days your not on the right track! Rest dont over workout! PPL seem to want to workout to much to keep that pump look but you wont gain muscle doing it just a balloon pump that goes away and you back were you started from again. Your not going to see gains in a week maybe strenght it takes time..Just look at like this...You do pushups you look big right? But you wont grow..same with weights.Key it to rip as much muscle when you train and let it heal,that grows soild stabs of beef..Your not going to gain mass reping easy weight in high sets.But you do what you like ive tryed it all cuz i was a rail once too,but now the proofs in the pudding,why i have pictures post and most dont! GL

Quitters never win Winners never Quit...

chronos, make sure you are eating six times per day, using proper bodybuilding food.

You can't just say, eat as much as possible. This won't work at all.

You have to deliberately plan out six meals per day.

Each meal should be a carbohydrate portion and a protein portion.

Tweakle said:
think more like 2 years, not 2 months
beerdrinker said:
Looks like you are doing pretty good to me.

what these 2 guys say are truth, youv gained quite a bit of weight and made some good strength increases... if you keep at it and dont skip days or lose interest, thats what will make the biggest difference. the constant gains over time will add up.

its only been 2 months and ur making progress.....

that being said, to gain weight u have to eat more, but you ARE gaining weight so your fine

I suppose I should have mentioned one more thing: In one year I am gong to move to a foreign country (I won't know where for another 10 or so months) and I won't have access to any weights. The last thing I want is to be taken advantage of or ripped off, so I wanted to look as intimidating as possible in the time I have. Since I won't be able to do any kind of bulking there (no weights, protein supplements, creatine etc.) my idea was to get to a bench of about 230 (hopefully by the end of January) and than start cutting till I leave. That is why I am looking for ways to gain faster, its essentially a race against time. Thanks for the help, I wasn't eating enough and I was definitely not getting enough carbs.

remember your legs, hips, lower back, and traps. together they make up way more potential muscle mass (potential growth) and have more athletic importance than your benching muscles (nothing wrong with those of course). of course you said you work out your other muscles but the posterior chain is the foundation of strength and muscular size (and the biggest physique difference between a quarterback and the average top-heavy gym rat, if being intimidating is your goal) so my advice is don't neglect it!

You need more food.

B True

Hey guys I know Chronos... we lift together...

Someone please tell him he needs to do his squats and rows :p It's like pulling teeth to get him to do them!

And someone tell him not to spend so much time doing curls...

Also are you guys encouraging him to go back to drinking Dr. Pepper? That's why he asked about caffeine... This guy is a popaholic! I convinced him to quit drinking pop and now he's drinkin pop again because of you guys... I hope you know what you're doing... :worried:

See my thought is, if he's a hardgainer, he doesn't want to waste any calories or slip into a catabolic state or anything... Well, why do they put caffeine in diet pills? Because it raises your heart rate and supposedly your metabolism, right? Why would you EVER want to do that if you are a hardgainer? Isn't that just asking to eat muscle or slip into a catabolic state?

Even if you could reccommend caffeine for a hardgainer, wouldn't it ONLY help if taken right before an exercise, to help performance during the lifting? Wouldn't it be a bad thing to be drinking caffeinated pop the rest of the week while you are recovering? See he likes drinking pop just in day to day life, it has nothing to do with the workout.

Bahaha I messed up your thread Chronos :chomp: Can't hide from me... :evil:

Come on let's see the expert advice here...

I'd say that his life should revolve around the following:

2 pounds of meat a day
2-3 Liters of whole fresh milk a day
6 meals of 50-75 grams carbs each

Squats
Deadlifts
Barbell or Dbell Rows
Flat Bench Press variations
Standing Overhead Press

If you have room in your stomach for soda...then you didn't eat enough food or drink enough milk. I have found that if I mix REAL MAYO with my food...it helps to fill me up and add in some kcals too.

B True

It's been said enough already. 6 meals, carbs and protein and good fats. Try to push for somewhere around 3000 cals per day. Give up the pop (sugar will just add fat). LIFT HARD!! Compound exercises - see bfold's list.

Top Bottom