Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIIT vs constant cardio

wlmcrae said:
A great place to start for a beginner is the original Body for Life by Bill Phillips (a book - and NOT the Body for Life for Women, a fluff knock-off). It has pictures of how to do the exercises, gives the diet info for lifestyle, shows how to do HIIT cardio, and just generally gives you just exactly what you've asked for.

If your 'meatheads' are using the free weights you'll be starting with (probably 3-10 lbs) they're pretty sorry looking guys!

Why HIIT - check out the links, Shadow et al. have answered that one pretty thoroughly. I do HIIT because I get far better results in 1/2 the time - and my schedule is tight. Weights are a must for long-term, keep it off fat loss - diet is also crucial. Yah, just get the book - go for it!
Cool cheers I'll do that.

annieree said:
I know what your saying, but the exercises you have I've never heard of, my gym has fixed and free weights but as a female I don't get a chance to use the free weights - get elbowed out by the meat heads.

So I want to know that if I do HIIT twice a week or 4 times a week or never what will be the results or if I'm better off doing other cardio and weights.

Those exercises are very very common.

You are focusing on the wrong things at the moment.

the REASON I referred that plan to you is that Lifting/cardio/diet - they COMBINE to give you results.

Any one component in that equation that is off will give shitty overall results.

There are a LOT of web sites that not only give you pictures on my exercises but also video clips.

No offense - but you dont really have a reason not to try the plan.

the-short-one said:
are you saying they don't allow you to use the free weights, or you are intimidated by the big guys that work out there?

also - if you don't know the exercises, you can learn about them and actually see videos of people doing them at http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html . Please don't avoid weight training just because you are unfamiliar with the moves. The moves Shadow suggests are basic and easy to learn. :) I doubt the 'Meatheads' are using any of the weights you'd use, anyway. (15lbs and down)

Everyone has to start at the beginning - even those big guys you see at the gym started small.
great post :)

you to wlmcrae.. sassy loves the Body for Life as a beginner book for good reason.

I was once where you were.. do NOT be afraid to go into the free weights section. After while you will NOT care. wear a hat, but on the headphones and focus on YOU, NOT anyone else.. you are there for YOU after all.

You can do it girl... you just have to try :D

Great posts :) Wlmcrae I agree 110% body for life is a great place to start. I always recommend it when people ask me what to do. It is what started my passion for all this.

Shadow:

There are am workouts - which I can't do as I start work at 6.30am.

As I live in a household with my son and brother the food plan isn't what we usually eat. I make sure I eat what I should, but following the plan is difficult when there are two others to cater for as well, plus my brother cooks for me and I don't want to insult him by not eating what he has cooked.

I can do certain aspects, but doing the whole plan would be too hard to keep to, so why start something you know you are going to fail at. I'd rather have a plan that I know I can stick to, enjoy and fit in with my life, that way I am more likely to succeed.

I will look and take into account certain aspects, and am doing.

annie...

you do not have to follow it to a T, you can adjust it to fit YOUR lifestyle if you need to, Im sure it can be done.

Do your weights BEFORE your cardio AFTER work on the days that require cardio. If you cannot go 5 days M - F (which I think it would be a good habit to get into the routine of it) then ask the question "I have 4 days to workout, can someone please help me with a split to fit into MY availability?"

You NEED to contribute a little more, if it were easy everyone would be running around Happy healthy and at his/her physical best and the fitness industry would not be billion dollar...

Does your brother know you are trying to lose weight? If not you better tell him that it's important to you and you'd like to incorporate some other things into your meals.. how will he NOT understand that? What's the worst that can happen you cook for yourself a few times? Is that not an option at all? (I am seriously asking NOT attacking you)

What are you eating now? and how often.. can you list it out please?

I am going to tell you this, no amount of cardio will make up for a poor diet. Start with you DIET. without it, you are one step closer to this failure you mention in your post.

annieree said:
Shadow:

There are am workouts - which I can't do as I start work at 6.30am.

As I live in a household with my son and brother the food plan isn't what we usually eat. I make sure I eat what I should, but following the plan is difficult when there are two others to cater for as well, plus my brother cooks for me and I don't want to insult him by not eating what he has cooked.

I can do certain aspects, but doing the whole plan would be too hard to keep to, so why start something you know you are going to fail at. I'd rather have a plan that I know I can stick to, enjoy and fit in with my life, that way I am more likely to succeed.

I will look and take into account certain aspects, and am doing.

Diet:
Breakfast
Eggs whites
Oats
Lunch tuna / chicken veg
Dinner Quorn / veg sometimes pasta or rice
Snacks - hazelnuts and fruit
Protein shakes

I train Thursday to Sunday

Also - surely the Shadow way is not the only way, I feel like I'm being persecuted, just cos I'm not willing to follow his plan. I only wanted advice.

Top Bottom