Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP - Quad Injury - What to do????

tr2001

Two days ago, I was doing squts on the smith machine and though I was thoroughly warmed up. On my heaviest set, second rep I felt a pain in the middle of my quad so I racked the weight immediately. My quad has a mild pain when I walk up and down steps and is sore to touch. I do not have any bruising.

Anyone know what this may be and WHAT TO DO? Thanks for your feedback!

PROBABLY A STRAINED QUAD. I HAD ONE RECENTLY. SIMPLE REMEDY: REST IT.

KAYNE

I agree. Stay off it for a while, meaning no leg stuff for a few days. If it feels better after that, start back very light.

I've always been told to stay away from smith bar squats. They limit your range of motion and can sometimes put you in awkward/vulnerable positions and can be dangerous.

use an tens (Transcutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation) unit.. an ems kit.. it totally worked for me.. in fact, when HHH from the wwf tore his quad, that is what they used on him.. you can find a kit at any medical supply shop.. mine cost me $100... but it is good to have anyway because it is used for the symptomatic relief and management of chronic intractable pain and as treatment for acute pain problems etc

:D
also ice/heat and tiger balm may help

:devil:
Heat! I wrap a heating pad around the injury with an ace bandage while at rest. This gets the blood flowing to the injury and speeds healing. For pain take the big Ibuprofen.

Top Bottom