Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HELP! Dropped Weight!

Asianpersuasion

I was benching the other day and foolish me I figured I Was going with 225 and didn't need a spotter. Well as soon as i took the bar off the bench it rolled off and slammed on my chest from about 3 feet up. I caught it and pressed it back up. I don't feel any pain, but was wondering if there could be any damage to my chest/sternum/ribs that i might not be noticing and whether I should go see a doctor or not. Again I don't feel any abnormal pain at all!! If anyone has had any experience with this, please help!!

I bench with the suicide grip and have had a small incident like this. If you don't have weird bruising or any pain at all I am sure you have no problems. Probably traumatized you more than anything else. Usually rib injuries are pretty obvious. Pain breathing or moving.

One time I was being a hero and attempted a heavy single by myself when I was fairly new to powerlifting in a ragged old YMCA. Had to roll 300 down my body. Took about 10 minutes. Thought I was going to die under that bar. Funny now though.

if you feel fine enough to type........ your ok

minor damage at most.....if anything

yeah....... you know instantly if you broke anything on your next lift.......

just be careful!!!!

Thanx a lot guys! I feel ok, I have slight aches, but no sharp pains. It was funny cause I even finnished my chest workout that day, just to prove to myself that I am ok:) lol. I've been trianing for like 6 months to get rdy for football and it starts in 3 weeks, I wasn't about to lose half my season cause of a stupid training error!

I was maxing out a couple of years ago with 300+ and pretty much dropped the weight on my chest....I went to the doctor and he told me that I cracked my sternum...the only pain I felt was when I took a really deep breathe or when I reached my arms back behind me....that's when that shit hurt like hell....other than that, no pain. It took me about a month to just get up to 135 again and another 3-4 months before I was back up to the point where I was before.

Hrrmmm, I don't have any pain at all when I breathe in or when I stretch my arms back. I actually felt a bit of pain a few days ago, but agian that is gone. I guess Tuesday will be the true judge, when I bench again:)

Top Bottom