Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help/Advice for a lifestyle diet/workout routine

MariaGK1

Hey i'm Maria and new to this. i am currently 19 5'7 and 125lb's (an athlete) just looking to maintain my weight and be more on the muscular/lean side than skinny side

i do cardio (30 min @ 7mph on treadmill + 5 min cooldown @ 4mph) 6x a week

and

weightlift upper body with 20lb dumbells and moderate squats and lower body lifts as well (not so consistent/diligent with lifting routines) 3x a week

i'm just looking to maintain my weight and remain having a muscular build if not get even stronger

any help with how much my daily caloric intake should be? what should my diet consist of? critique of my workout? any additional advice would be greatly appreciated as i already know the people on this site are extremely intelligent and provide extensive valid and useful information!

thank you

Sweety!You are doing cardio 6 times per week? Oh my!It sounds as if you are trying to lose weight rather than maintain!? I could be wrong....

Last edited:
MariaGK1 said:
Hey i'm Maria and new to this. i am currently 19 5'7 and 125lb's (an athlete) just looking to maintain my weight and be more on the muscular/lean side than skinny side

i do cardio (30 min @ 7mph on treadmill + 5 min cooldown @ 4mph) 6x a week

and

weightlift upper body with 20lb dumbells and moderate squats and lower body lifts as well (not so consistent/diligent with lifting routines) 3x a week

i'm just looking to maintain my weight and remain having a muscular build if not get even stronger

any help with how much my daily caloric intake should be? what should my diet consist of? critique of my workout? any additional advice would be greatly appreciated as i already know the people on this site are extremely intelligent and provide extensive valid and useful information!

thank you

That's defenitely way too much cardio.
If you want to build muscles and stay lean, you should lift heavy. 20lbs is a good start, but don't stay with the same weight. You're an athlete, you should be able to manage that.
Cardio, try to cut it down to 4x per week. Don't do the same exercise over and over, since your body will adapt to it. Also, vary the pace. Hight intensity and lower intensity.
If you vary your exercises your body will be shock and will respond much better.
I hope this help..

I'd like to see her diet too. It will give us an idea of where she's at in her eating "skills".

I could not imagine doing cardio 6 times a week???!!! Typo?

Boy look at Ms Vixenbabe and Ms Thandie go on with their bad selves!

Both women are 100% dead on in their assessments.

We needa see your diet as diet is KEY.

And I would like to know how long you have been doing so much cardio. Is this something you just started last week or something you have been doing consistently for some time?

Oh yea... and welcome! :)

i have been doing this cardio for about a month or so, my diet varies so much thats why its been hard for me to get in a diet ut for breakfast i typically have a bowl of cereal with soymilk, i probably have double the "specific serving size" cause i dont measure things. i usually wake up at 12, so my "breakfast" is my lunch... and then i will snack on a fruit 3 hours later, then i will have dinner which i just eat what my mother cooks...as everyone can see i am definetly not on any type of routine...although i would like opinions and reactions to help me just to have the knowledge...my dinners consist always always with green vegetables, and either some kind of meat/and or pasta. After dinner i always snack on fruits/vegetables/lowfat yogurt for the rest of the night. Very unstructured i am aware and i apologize. But thats what i am looking for, structure from people who know. The thing is i am not trying to be a body builder although i respect EVERYONE who does it because it requires an immense amount of work, i just want to stay healthy, muscular, fit and maintain my weight in a way that i can feel satisfied will work instead of my unstructured habits that dont feel quite effective.

As for too much cardio, i play on a college soccer team we get tested on cardio and thats why i do so much, so far it hasnt effected my weight at all it could be because my body has adjusted to the same routine every day (like someone posted).

if there are any other questions or things people want to know or anything at all please feel free to respond i already appreciate all the responses!

thank you, i will be checking back repeatedly so no worries your posts are not going to shame!

Maria

p.s thanks for putting in the time to read this and help me out

sorry to bother? anyone reading this i am still checking back every couple of hours! i know you are all busy helping other people also!! thanks!

MariaGK1 said:
sorry to bother? anyone reading this i am still checking back every couple of hours! i know you are all busy helping other people also!! thanks!

I'm sorry sweetie. I've been busy as hell on this end with my job. They expect me to work--THE nerve of 'em right? lol

I'm a tad bit worried here in regards to your eating. Well, the lack there of to be honest. It seems you are not getting enough to eat by what I read above. You only eat breakfast of cereal then ncak on fruit in the afternoon?

I have NO idea how you can train on so little food. WOW. You'd have to pick my butt up from the floor. No kidding.

Could YOU please keep track of EXACTLY what you eat during your day? WRITE it down and post it for us. I may be going a bit nuts, but it does NOT seem like you are eating enough to me.

You are playing soccer too? I'm clutching my heart....:)

haha no i completely understand why youd be busy! your skills are needed elsewhere as well!

i know it does seem crazy but i can assure you my eating habits are way more than what i posted. what i am trying to say is that everything i do, my lifestyle, is unstructured, in fact the complete opposite of what atypical bodybuilder does. That is in fact why i decided to post a thread because i want that organized eating/workout routine that works so well for everybody. i'm really not looking for weightloss, i have no concept on what is right for the body (i know the basics such as, whole grains, fruits and vegetables and lean protein) but i have no idea how to encorporate everything together.

With that being said! i will post by the end of the night everything i have eaten today..

so far (it is now approx 4pm)

Wake up at 12 noon (its summer for me so i have no obligations :) )

Gym 30 min cardio (7mph) + 5 min cool down (4mph)

Meal 1 12:45pm (right after workout)( 2 cups of cheerios w/ 1/2 cup organic vanilla soymilk)

Snack 1 3pm (2 cups seedless grapes)

as for soccer i am not also playing soccer i go back to school august 5th in which my entire workout routine will change, this is just for a 2 month period, to maintain my weight and get stronger for my preseason

i am well aware of how UNAWARE i am in doing things correctly so please bare with me!

thanks so much again

Maria

I need to come cook for you, Maria. lol Today is not looking so good so far. I have to be honest.

Please keep track of three days of eating for us so we can get a better "feel" for your eating rituals. K?

Top Bottom