Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dposey's Rippetoe Journal

Thanks! I'll take that into account. If I start getting fatigued I might just do one warm-up set with the bar, followed by a set of 3 and then a set of 2. 5 warm-up sets does seem a bit much to me, but I wanted to follow the program as close as possible. We'll see what happens.

Also, just got a PM from Mr. X and got a stamp of approval on my diet. Yay!

Tuesday 2/14/06 - Week 1
Cardio

Treadmill:
20 minutes at 3.5 mph/10.0 incline. Followed by light stretching.

Comments:
Kept my heart rate at around 110. This was a nice, easy cardio session.

Good work. Try scrapping one or two of those worksets unless you think you really need it. No need to waste energy and time. Also, post up that diet that got approval from Mr. X. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Thanks! I think I may drop down to just 3 warm-up sets (I assume you meant warm-up not worksets right?) to decrease fatigue. I'll test it tomorrow and see how it goes.

The diet isn't anything special but it's the best I can do with school, budget limits, transportation limits, etc. Mr. X recommends less milk and more chicken, I think my pre/post-workout shakes are the only ones in need of work. Here it is:

Breakfast - 7:30 AM
1 Cup Cereal (Might scrap cereal and just do 2 packets of oatmeal. Lots of sugar here.)
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Packet Oatmeal
2 Eggs
2 Egg Whites

Snack - 10:00 AM
1 Optimum Nutrition Protein Bar

Lunch - 12:30 PM
1 Chicken Breast
1 Slice Bread
1 Ounce Mozerella Cheese
1 Can Green Beans (I drain the can of water and then rinse them to get as much sodium out as possible)

Pre-Workout - 3:00 PM
1 Scoop Whey Protein
1 Cup Milk (Usually 1%, sometimes 2%)
1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter

Post-Workout - 5:30 PM
2 Scoops Whey Protein <--- (Might be too much...)
1/2 Cup Oats (Blended with ice in 12 oz. water)

Dinner - 6:30 PM
1 Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Wheat Rice
1 Can Green Beans

Late Snack - 9:00 PM
1 Serving Cottage Cheese
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
1 Cup Milk (Might get rid of this, or change to a couple eggs)

Altogether it's roughly 3200 calories, 72g fat, 300+ carbs and 290g protein (Yikes!). Hopefully that's not TOO much protein. I'm going to be following this diet every day regardless of whether I'm lifting or not because of doing cardio 3x per week. On Sundays I always do SOMETHING anyway, even if it's a short bike ride. I'm pretty happy with the diet for now. What do you guys think?

Dposey said:
Thanks! I think I may drop down to just 3 warm-up sets (I assume you meant warm-up not worksets right?) to decrease fatigue. I'll test it tomorrow and see how it goes.

The diet isn't anything special but it's the best I can do with school, budget limits, transportation limits, etc. Mr. X recommends less milk and more chicken, I think my pre/post-workout shakes are the only ones in need of work. Here it is:

Breakfast - 7:30 AM
1 Cup Cereal (Might scrap cereal and just do 2 packets of oatmeal. Lots of sugar here.)
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Packet Oatmeal
2 Eggs
2 Egg Whites

Snack - 10:00 AM
1 Optimum Nutrition Protein Bar

Lunch - 12:30 PM
1 Chicken Breast
1 Slice Bread
1 Ounce Mozerella Cheese
1 Can Green Beans (I drain the can of water and then rinse them to get as much sodium out as possible)

Pre-Workout - 3:00 PM
1 Scoop Whey Protein
1 Cup Milk (Usually 1%, sometimes 2%)
1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter

Post-Workout - 5:30 PM
2 Scoops Whey Protein <--- (Might be too much...)
1/2 Cup Oats (Blended with ice in 12 oz. water)

Dinner - 6:30 PM
1 Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Wheat Rice
1 Can Green Beans

Late Snack - 9:00 PM
1 Serving Cottage Cheese
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
1 Cup Milk (Might get rid of this, or change to a couple eggs)

Altogether it's roughly 3200 calories, 72g fat, 300+ carbs and 290g protein (Yikes!). Hopefully that's not TOO much protein. I'm going to be following this diet every day regardless of whether I'm lifting or not because of doing cardio 3x per week. On Sundays I always do SOMETHING anyway, even if it's a short bike ride. I'm pretty happy with the diet for now. What do you guys think?

Diet looks pretty good overall,as long as it stays reasonably clean you shouldnt have much trouble as long as you stick to it and workout hard.Nothng with milk IMO, it is cheap,provides lots of protein and a good ratio of nutrients.

Some sugar isn't gonna kill you. Not much saturated fat there, either. Sat. fats have been shown to help with optimal test production. Fats in general. Get some fish oils in there for your EPA/DHA. Throw in some spinach (very nutrient dense). Add in a bit of red meat.

I never much liked Mr. X. Less milk more chicken? Your protein intake looks fine. There's no reason to add more fucking chicken. Calories are what matter, not how clean the damn food is. People don't get past this, do they? Get the stuff you need:

A) Protein
B) EFAs
C) Vitamins/Minerals (veggies & fruits)

The rest is fucking details. Milk, chicken - who gives a shit? Do what is conveinent. You also don't need that many meals - four larger meals will work just as well, maybe better. People are stuck on this "eating every three hours" bullshit. God.

Sorry for the rant, not directed at you, just venting.

Well I want to eat fairly clean because, like I said, I'm trying not to gain any more BF%. But thanks for the comments guys, I think I'll stick with the diet and see how it goes.

Dposey said:
Well I want to eat fairly clean because, like I said, I'm trying not to gain any more BF%. But thanks for the comments guys, I think I'll stick with the diet and see how it goes.

You're going to gain more bodyfat from excess calories, not from having unclean foods. If you need 3000 calories to maintain weight and you eat 2,500, even in chocolate cake, you're gonna lose weight. If you eat over 3,000 with all the cleanest foods in the world, you'll gain weight.

Thermodynamics are beautiful.

Top Bottom