Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dposey's Rippetoe Journal

lol at the thought of a cutting diet based on chocolate cake.

Good luck Dposey. It's good to see someone journalling the Rippetoe based program.

anotherbutters said:
lol at the thought of a cutting diet based on chocolate cake.

Good luck Dposey. It's good to see someone journalling the Rippetoe based program.

I actually dropped bodyfat while eating fast food and chocolate cake for about a month a few weeks ago. I stopped eating healthy (depressed, lost appetite) and ate sporadically, staying up all night several times a week.

Funny, I ate cake, cookies, Taco Bell and guess what? I now have a six-pack. Hmm...:rolleyes:

Anthrax Invasion said:
Some sugar isn't gonna kill you. Not much saturated fat there, either. Sat. fats have been shown to help with optimal test production. Fats in general. Get some fish oils in there for your EPA/DHA. Throw in some spinach (very nutrient dense). Add in a bit of red meat.

I never much liked Mr. X. Less milk more chicken? Your protein intake looks fine. There's no reason to add more fucking chicken. Calories are what matter, not how clean the damn food is. People don't get past this, do they? Get the stuff you need:

A) Protein
B) EFAs
C) Vitamins/Minerals (veggies & fruits)

The rest is fucking details. Milk, chicken - who gives a shit? Do what is conveinent. You also don't need that many meals - four larger meals will work just as well, maybe better. People are stuck on this "eating every three hours" bullshit. God.

Sorry for the rant, not directed at you, just venting.

I eat clean because I don't want to suffer a heart attack and stroke and caused loved ones pain when I'm not around because I felt like a double cheeseburger and fries instead of rice, brocolli and chicken.

psychedout said:
I eat clean because I don't want to suffer a heart attack and stroke and caused loved ones pain when I'm not around because I felt like a double cheeseburger and fries instead of rice, brocolli and chicken.

I never said there weren't other reasons to eat clean, but you're making an extreme comparison there. If he uses milk instead of chicken, do you really think he's going to pass away any earlier? Even fast food once in awhile won't hurt. Why? 'cause the body is very resiliant and forgiving, especially in our younger days. I'm with you for the most part. I tend to eat healthy. He's doing more harm by not including fish oil than he would by having more milk and less chicken.

Anthrax Invasion said:
I never said there weren't other reasons to eat clean, but you're making an extreme comparison there. If he uses milk instead of chicken, do you really think he's going to pass away any earlier? Even fast food once in awhile won't hurt. Why? 'cause the body is very resiliant and forgiving, especially in our younger days. I'm with you for the most part. I tend to eat healthy. He's doing more harm by not including fish oil than he would by having more milk and less chicken.

Point taken and agreed. How much fish oil do you get daily? I think I am getting 480 mg of EPA and 360mg of DHA in the form of caps. Plus I eat organic flax bread often and eat salmon maybe 5 times a month. Think I got my omega 3 all in line?

Wednesday 2/15/06 - Week 1 - Day 2
Workout B

Squats:
Bar x Warm-up
95 x 5
115 x 3
135 x 2
150 x 5
150 x 5
150 x 5
Squats went really well once again, I love doing them now that I make sure that they're full squats.

Push Press:
Bar x Warm-up
55 x 3
65 x 2
75 x 5
75 x 5
75 x 5
These were so easy!

Assisted Chin-ups:
BW-70 x 5
BW-70 x 5
BW-70 x 5
I have to do these on an assistance machine until I build up to using my own body weight. They were hard but I kept a good grip, wider than my shoulders, and squeezed my lats together at the top. I'm looking forward to improving these.

Weighted Hyperextensions:
BW+30 x 8
BW+30 x 8
BW+30 x 8
I do these 45 degrees, holding a dumbbell to my chest. Felt good as always; felt them in my lower back, hamstrings, and glutes.

Accessories:
Cable Crunches:
40 x 15
50 x 12
50 x 12
Leg Raises:
BW x 6 (Hanging)
BW x 12 (Supported)
BW x 12 (Supported)

Comments:
Another awesome workout! The squats went great and were fairly easy, same with push press. Chin-ups were hard and I'm really looking forward to the point where I can do them unassisted. I also tried some new ab exercises today, and they went ok, but I really didn't feel too much despite squeezing my abs tightly with each rep. I liked the hanging leg raises but I couldn't keep my grip past 6 reps. I'll have to experiment with abs and see what works best for me.

Nice to see that you are going nice and low on your squats,the weights will fly up in the next few months as you adjust to them.Dont worry too much about the ab exercises as they are a very minor component of programs such as this.

Thanks asdfzxcv. I really want to nail the squat and I'm looking forward to getting it up there. And yeah, I'm not sweating the ab exercises much. I just wanted to try something different, but if I don't like them I'll just go back to crunches, weighted sit-ups, etc. Just something to play around with. :)

psychedout said:
Point taken and agreed. How much fish oil do you get daily? I think I am getting 480 mg of EPA and 360mg of DHA in the form of caps. Plus I eat organic flax bread often and eat salmon maybe 5 times a month. Think I got my omega 3 all in line?

Sounds just fine. I'd take 6 regular fish oil caps. By regular I mean 1,000 mg of fish oil each (180 EPA/120 DHA). That's 6 grams a day - perfect. More is not better with fish oil. Can cause some problems. Going slightly over won't be problematic, but people will think 6 is good, so they'll go for 12 grams and up - bad idea.

Salmon + flax bread - good stuff there. Have a salmon sandwich on the bread. ;)

Oh, make sure the caps are USP certified. Any brand will do if it's USP.

Top Bottom