Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does hypotonia/low muscle tone affect gains?

ronki23

Hey,i've been weight training pretty seriously in these time periods WITH high protein diet:

March 2006-May 2006
October 2007-May 2008
July 2008-December 2008
January 2009-June 2009
July 2009-September 2009
April 2010-June 2010
July 2010-present

I generally measure every 6 weeks and normally add mass to my arms and thighs. Sometimes my chest size increases along with shoulder width.
My strength generally shoots up about 20-30lbs in 6 week periods if I eat enough. On Rippetoes it shoots up more (about 40-60lbs).
What frustrates me is that my funtional strength is a bit poor-even with free weight training. My grip is weak, I can't win arm wrestles and I STILL can't do a chin up.

I have hypotonia but I was told muscle tone and strength have little or no correlation.

Hey,i've been weight training pretty seriously in these time periods WITH high protein diet:

March 2006-May 2006
October 2007-May 2008
July 2008-December 2008
January 2009-June 2009
July 2009-September 2009
April 2010-June 2010
July 2010-present

I generally measure every 6 weeks and normally add mass to my arms and thighs. Sometimes my chest size increases along with shoulder width.
My strength generally shoots up about 20-30lbs in 6 week periods if I eat enough. On Rippetoes it shoots up more (about 40-60lbs).
What frustrates me is that my functional strength is a bit poor-even with free weight training. My grip is weak, I can't win arm wrestles and I STILL can't do a chin up.

I have hypotonia but I was told muscle tone and strength have little or no correlation.

Do you specific training for forearms? Do you use straps or hooks for pulling movements like deads? As for arm wrestling, I believe that's got more to do with leverage, explosiveness, and technique than raw strength. Your inability to do even one chin is very common among heavier men, particularly if you're tall.

Do you specific training for forearms? Do you use straps or hooks for pulling movements like deads? As for arm wrestling, I believe that's got more to do with leverage, explosiveness, and technique than raw strength. Your inability to do even one chin is very common among heavier men, particularly if you're tall.
No-no straps.

I did do direct forearm work from July-December 2008 but it's not v. useful imo (in that I didn't gain much size/strength). I was told Upright/Bent Over Rows, Chins and Deadlifts develop them well. It developed them to a certain extent.

My biceps are pretty weak though-I dream of curling 35lbs an arm-at best I can do 25lbs/a 50lb bar.
Triceps are weak too (well,the long head is)-I can't do more than 20lbs per arm on Overhead Extensions

My shoulders are weak individually (I have NEVER done over 10lbs for any raises) but in compound I can do over 65lbs on strict Military Presses and more than 40lbs an arm for Seated Overhead Presses. I can even Arnold Press more than 25lbs

Top Bottom