Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do u guys think this is....

Maxx Out

overtraining?

For example:

chest:

flat bench 4 sets, 8-6 reps
inclin bench 4 sets, 8-6 reps
db flat 3 sets, 8-6 reps
db inclin 3 sets, 8-6 reps
flys 3-4 sets, 8-6 reps

back:

pulldowns 4 sets, 8-6 reps
bent over rows 4 sets, 8-6 reps
close grip seated rows 4 sets, 8-6 reps
pulldowns med. grip 3-4 sets, 8-6 reps
hyper-exten. 3 sets, 8-6 reps

Is this too much, what do u guys think?

Only you can answer that. Are you getting stronger each week or so? If so then your fine.
For me, the chest workout has too many exersizes, the back workout would work fine, but that is me.

chest = over kill
back - no deadlifts? = small back
legs/shoulders?

would go with one flat and one incline either bb or db - not both and throw in some dips. as far as back goes i would definately add deadlifts at least every other week so you can take out hyper-ext. i prefer chins to pulldowns but thats just me. what are you doing for legs and delts?

Last edited:
Maxx Out said:
chest:

flat bench 4 sets, 8-6 reps
inclin bench 4 sets, 8-6 reps
db flat 3 sets, 8-6 reps
db inclin 3 sets, 8-6 reps
flys 3-4 sets, 8-6 reps

back:

pulldowns 4 sets, 8-6 reps
bent over rows 4 sets, 8-6 reps
close grip seated rows 4 sets, 8-6 reps
pulldowns med. grip 3-4 sets, 8-6 reps
hyper-exten. 3 sets, 8-6 reps

I dont know bro everyone's genetics are completely different. I am not going to just jump to the conclusion that your overtraining because only you can determine that. If you are hitting chest and back only once per week, getting 8-10 hours sleep, and your diet is flawless you maybe able to get by with a routine like the one you listed.

Your really hitting your chest with a LOT of sets from a variety of angles which has always worked for me. Your back you really need to incorporate wide-grip front chins and deadlifts. Theyre both big back builders that you have failed to include in your back routine. I have trained with a LOT of volume like you listed and really made excellent gains. How long have you been working out? Are you taking anabolics or are you a natural? We all are going to need more info to come to a rational conclusion. Good luck. :D

*sigh*

Its rather ignorant to look at a training routine and immediately classify it as over training and stupid when even the most raw of lifting neophytes knows that individual recovery rates are... individual. There infact, ARE people out there who grow like weeks from extremely high volume,. granted they are rare but stating a program is blatant overtraining and stupid without taking a profile of a given person's physiology is about as ridiculous as believing 1 set to failure can knock off all the motor pools in a given muscle ^_~ If you are getting stronger week to week then you're probably not overtraining.

take care buddy,
jeremy

Top Bottom