Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

diet+training =lean MUSCLE???

MuscleBunny

Hi y'all!
I'm new to your board ,but not new to training and dieting.I would like a check up though if you don't mind.
I am 5'5 115-120 lbs. lean and muscular. I want to grow even more , but of course without getting fat,over the next month.Then I want a baby. yep thats right.,muscles and babies!!

I dumbell curl 30lb weights, I do dumbell shoulder presses at 35lbs, I think I am pretty strong. but I'm sure nothing to brag about.
What I want to know is ..is my diet in line?
My typical day is :
6:30-7am cardio on empty stomach(supps glutamine, l-carnitine 2grams, 8 grams of pyruvate
8am protein shake whey 36grams
vitamins, flax seed oil, wholesome food blend(fiber)

11am -zero carb isopure drink 40 grams protein
vitamin, calcium, potassium, flax oil, wholesome blend

2pm. either another protein drink + supps or a tuna wrap in a fiber tortilla

5pm designer whey protein bar +fiber and flax

6:30pm train(lift weights)

8pm dinner chicken ,brocolli, and a salad

weekends I carb up with whatever..

This has been sucessful to me , but I wanna make sure I don't harm myself. I realize in one month I will be fattening up to be able to get my cycles to give birth.

any suggestions or comments???

thanx!!:p

diet doesn't look too bad, you may want to get some more real food in there... you're also probably not eating enough carbs to sustain your activity... try adding some brown rice, sweet potatoes, oats, veggies etc... maybe replace some of the shakes/bars with some eggs/eggwhites, chicken breasts, fish and/or beef (beef is great for muscle repair/growth... just get lean cuts...)

have you done any AS? at your weight and with that diet, I'm surprised that your menstration is effected... your weight's not that low for your size(well unless you're like 7% bf or something, you didn't tell us)... I'd go see a doctor about the cycle thing if you haven't already...

Thanx for the suggestions , but as far as carbs for energy levels , my energy is fine, and I am so afraid to store those carbs as fat, I see them as empty calories...??
my body fat is probably around 11-12.

at 11-12% you probably won't be able to add muscle w/o adding fat unless you go the AS route (which you are NOT because of your intention to have children in the near future, right????!!!)...

i think you'll probably be better off concentrating on eating more food and gaining a little weight so you can have a healthy and happy pregnacy rather than worrying about a few pounds... keep up the activity, but put get those priorities straightened out... if you arent' having cycles now b/c of your bodyfat, it could be a year or more before you are able to conceive... especially if you don't bring up the food intake...

good clean carbs are FAR from empty calories, they provide the body with the nutrients and energy in the form that it is intended to be...

I absolutely agree that it's gonna be basically impossible to add muscle without increasing you %bf or taking anabolics. It could also make it tougher to achieve and maintain pregnancy. I don't know what your protion sizes are, but I also would question whether or not you're getting enough fat (how much flax oil are you taking)? You need enough fat to keep you hormones in balance. What is your total (approx) daily calorie intake?

carbs

carbohydrates DOES NOT turn into fat. Extra calories stores into fat, but calories from fat stores easiest into fat. Takes too much energy for carbs and protein to convert into fat.

I agree with Phem. Introduce more carbs. Just looking at your menu, it doesn't look like you're hitting your daily calorie requirement. If you want to gain muscle, you're definitely going to have to add a little more food. Protein shakes are good on the go, but they also make you go:)

Anyhow, adding the carb calories now will help you adjust quicker to your future goal because it's not good to go on a high protein diet while you're pregnant uless you have type II diabetes.

You can still keep working out during your pregnancy, but ask your doctor for some movements that you're allowed to make. Try not to veg when your belly starts getting bigger. Also keep in mind that it takes you 10 months to make a baby and stretch and disfigure (in a good way) your body, so it'll take just as long to get it all back to normal. Do not starve yourself for the sake of not gaining weight. The baby will take its nutrients in other ways from you.

Start your pelvic (kegel) exercises now. Increase intensity in legs and overhead shoulder work, b/c you won't be able to do them after the 1st trimester.

take care and good luck

I am 5'5 115lbs.lean ,but not overly , I think I'm 12%.
I don't really watch my fat intake at all,but with having mostly protein shakes, I know I'm not getting much.
I take flax oil caps 2-3 3 times a day.
My total calories are about 1200 m-f , and lots on sat/sun. I carb up on the weekends. eating lotsa fun foods(pizza, breajfast burritos)
What reccomendations can you give me?

see above, lots of good recommendations...

or you can try the search engine...

basically eat more real food, you can't fear carbs, they are the body (and the brain's) energy source... i'm a little surprised that you are able to keep up any sort of activity at all on 1200 cal... i take in about 2500 a day, and i'm about the same size as you (a little shorter and lighter, my bf is about 15-18% )

Top Bottom