Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Between comps, what to change?

sdupdike

Ok, I competed 2 weeks ago, now I'm 6 weeks out from my next comp. I know I need to add more muscle, but I don't think that's happening in the next few weeks. I'm still really lean, and I'm not sure what to do as far as diet/calories go. I've upped them a little to around 1500 - 1600 by adding some carbs, from 1200 -1300 which is where I ended up the last few weeks before my comp. Also slowed the cardio a bit for a couple of weeks.

Does this sound about right? I thought at 4 weeks out, I'd start upping my cardio and dropping cals/carbs back down a little.

I'm just looking for some feedback on what to do between comps.

I'm not familiar with the workout or the diet you may be following... or if you are using any aas, can you tell me briefly what have you been doing?

Like you said, there's limited chance of adding more muscle. If you've been able to maintain relative leanness for the last 2 weeks, try to keep at your current level and also give some room for any post-show rebound to settle. So don't help that along w/ excess carbs, etc. I would say, stay where you are at for the next 2 weeks -- use that to do any "heavy" lifting, and then start into your same contest schedule at 2 weeks out.

It is sort of hard to maintain in peak contest shape for more than 2 weeks at a time but then 1-3 months until your next show is hard because you will have time to let the rebound happen and then you have to get back on the ball for the next show. But I would say just do what you can to stay clean and then fall back into your same schedule at 3-4 weeks out and very specifically at 1-2 weeks out. Also watch your water manipulation -- your body may not respond as well as the first time because it may still be adjusting from that round. Or not. I don't really know at what point your body is considered "back to normal" such that you can reapply the same prep strategy as if you were coming in fresh. I guess the 2nd time is when you have to watch yourself based on what you learned from your first experience and dial in as you go.

Thanks Sassy. Like you said, 2 weeks between shows would be optimal. But it's hard to know what to do or change when you have like 6 - 8 weeks. You don't want to burn out or hurt yourself trying to stay so lean for so long, but then again, you don't want to bloat up or get fat. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom