Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bader85's EliteFitness Contest 12wk log sponsored by NTBM/MrSupps

one other thing I wanted to mention, your 25 right? so am I so this may apply to you too... but you can ask someone more knowledgeable then me...

I find I can readily keep my heart rate at around 160 (a little higher then 140-145 territory) and stay in ketosis and do cardio. if I go over 180 though i get kicked out of ketosis. I figure that is probably my body's switching point for gluconeogensis and the point at which you begin to burn muscle instead of fat. ... my point in all this is you could probably do cardio a little harder then HR at 140 safely and not burn muscle//much muscle. just a thought.. you had said your goal was to get shredded. I know on a full keto diet I am gaining muscle and reducing fat and I started at about 19%. that may change when you get much lower but ... just thought I would share my experience.

good luck to you.

hey bader, I like your blog and it is interesting to follow your progress... I like your initial post too where you fully posted all your stats. I'm not a platinum member so I can't view pics or anything like that but I just wanted to say I liked how you laid out your stats and diet your planning on sticking to. at the end of this are you going to bod pod it to get another accurate bf% reading?

Thank you, glad to have you along.

I'll put up some tinypic links for those who can't view my attachments.. However you can just click below my avatar on any of my posts the 'gallery' button and you should be able to see ALL of my photos there.

I would love to know where I can find a bod pod or water tank for my BF measurements... any idea where I can find info on how to find a place.. I'll drive some distance to find out.. it's something I'd love to get an exact number on.

hey bader. i haven't been snoopin around the other contestants' logs lately but i did see your pics the other day and i must say you're lookin fantabulous my friend. keep it up :) you're doin great.

Hey bro you continue to improve. Keep KTS and continue your good and hard work.
Post up your current workout too plz.
Best regard and good luck to you my good bro!

I just google searched "bod pod" and I found a couple of them within a few miles of my house. but then again I live in the mesa/tempe/phoenix valley in Arizona and it is a big place. if your farther out in the boonies probably not, but there are/should be alot of sports nutrition places around in any major metropolitan area... I paid 60$ to get an accurate reading on my bf and lean muscle mass. I think it helped me an amazing amount to get my diet/calories dialed in correctly, otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue on what does and does not constitute "dieting".

Hey bader bro where you at man?
Dam now Im gettin worried that you gettin sick too, bro I hope not!
Post up bro!
Missing you.

Yeah bader if you google Bod Pod locations you can find out where they're at. They are pretty pricey though man.
I'm getting one done this friday, and on the 15th. I wish you the best of luck these last couple of weeks man!!!

Ok.. so I kind of got things manageable for now.. and should be able to update again daily again on workouts.

The past week I've done cross-fit and p90x workouts.. the workout are a ton of stuff, too much to list.. but my endurance definitely improved and I think it's helped shed a bit more fat.. I'm at a solid 234.

Veins are starting to show without having to workout or get pumps.. especially on my left forearm/bicep. I seriously need new pants.. I can't believe how ridiculously loose and plain too big they are now. I couldn't find a nice video camera while I was away, but I'll try and use my regular cameras video mode and show you guys how they fit me now..

I totally forgot to measure myself last set of photos, can't believe no one mentioned it! So I'll get those done on Friday with the new set of photos. I'm thinking my waist is going to be down another inch.. my thighs maybe more.. my pants are like parachute pants on my thighs now.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

OH.. RE: Bod Pod

I found out there's one at the University of Utah in Salt Lake.. about 5 hours away..and only 30 bucks! I'll have to see if I can get that done before the contest is over.. but with how things are.. it's going to be difficult. I might be able to a few days after.. I'll find out and get back. I would love to find out exactly everything.. it will help me dial in my nutrition for the next round of my transformation. I wish I did it when I started.. I'm definitely thinking I was 20% or more looking back at my starting photos... even if I dropped 5% so far.. thats roughly losing 15 pounds of fat and gaining 5 pounds of muscle. Measurements are definitely proving that could be the case.

Workout 3/28/11
Weight 234

WU 10 min stepper HR 140

Pullups/Chinups 4 x 12
Dips 4 x 12

Rack pulls: WU 95 x 15, 115 x 15, 165 x 10
185 x 3s x 10r

Nautilus stepper (escalator type)
21 minutes.. no HR monitor but timing it was around 150-155
sweat was pooring, I'm going to do that kind of stepper more.. I felt it and I liked it.

Top Bottom