Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

30 min high intensity cardio vs 60 min low intensity?

my theory is this.

hi intensity while cutting---- burns more total cals which is what i want when cutting since i am in a deficity via diet anyhow so this just increases the caloric deficit

low intensity when bulking---- burns higher percentage of fat and will not deplete muscle glycogen which is what i want when trying to add LBM also it appears to "burn" much less muscle then intense sessions.. maybe its just me i sill do cardio when bulking for the overall health benefits and fat burning

good luck

I hate doing HIgh intesity cardio. For the past few months I have been doing a brisk power type walk in the morning for 45 mins, and have been seeing results. I've actually dropped about 20lbs.

I think as long as you are sweating and get your heart rate up, your on the right track. If you wanna run I'd say do it for 20-25 mins. If you wanna brisk walk i'd say do it 45-60 mins.

I for one hate running so i'd rather take another 1/2 hour to achieve the same goals with less effort.

You have so many different opinions on cardio and fat loss. I agree with fina on the fact that adding a extra weight session will increase lean mass and in turn burn more calories...BUT, if you have someone that needs to drop alot of weight fast, cardio is a must. The current trend leans toward medium intensity for 30+ minutes 5x a week. This spares muscle tissue by causing the body to search for stored fat energy first instead of relying on glycogen stored in the muscle itself...or at least that's the theory.

Personally, the leanest i have ever been was from 20 minutes on a treadmill at 15% incline, 3.5mph for 5x a week.

Either way you'll lose body fat. I think 30 min of high is better.

If it makes you feel any better Satch this is one of the competitors we sponsor. This guy is a Yohimburn ES user who uses it for back fat (I think it works for him).

"For the record I did no CARDIO in my prep for the JR Nationals. It helped me retain most of my muscle mass, weighed in at 232 for the Jr's 2004."

gaphenom.jpg

SuperDawgy said:
You have so many different opinions on cardio and fat loss. I agree with fina on the fact that adding a extra weight session will increase lean mass and in turn burn more calories...BUT, if you have someone that needs to drop alot of weight fast, cardio is a must. The current trend leans toward medium intensity for 30+ minutes 5x a week. This spares muscle tissue by causing the body to search for stored fat energy first instead of relying on glycogen stored in the muscle itself...or at least that's the theory.

Personally, the leanest i have ever been was from 20 minutes on a treadmill at 15% incline, 3.5mph for 5x a week.

That's pretty much my cardio schedule too. After 2 months it seems to be working. I didn't record my stats 2 months ago, but I lost 2 inches on my waist from the way my pants fit. Tell ya what, I'll keep with the high intensisty 5 x a week cardio and let you guys know how it goes.
I think I will set my first goal for 10% as suggested.
OH, And BTW, this is consuming my entire life. I have always loved working out, but this is the first time I've ever tried to get a six pack showing. This may not be popular, but I do 30 minutes yoga in the morn, followed by 20 -25 min on my bike, 5 - 6 days a week. then i hit the gym at night 3 times a week. I think I will add more gym in about a month. I'm thinking of doing all this for 2 months to cut. Then start a cycle of test and dbol for 3 weeks to get back some of the muscle I may lose.
Any thoughts?

capn said:
I've been reading a lot of people saying its better to do 30 min of high intensity cardio to raise your metabolism for hours and burn even more fat after your cardio session is finished.

I agree that it seems to work better for me. How about you guys (and girls)?

Short burst creates a healthy cardiovascular environment without burning muscle and long slow workouts burns fat and muscle if you're not careful! Sprinting builds strong muscular legs, cross country running burns muscle and fat, but gives you a very healthy heart...It's a trade off!

capn said:
You guys thinks some one my size can go from 15 - 8 % bf in 2 months?

Very doubtful bro. Dropping 5% in two months would be hard enough, once you get below 10% it gets really tough! Of course 10% is lean if you're not competing.

hammertime30 said:
Short burst creates a healthy cardiovascular environment without burning muscle and long slow workouts burns fat and muscle if you're not careful! Sprinting builds strong muscular legs, cross country running burns muscle and fat, but gives you a very healthy heart...It's a trade off!

BEST Post yet in this thread! mucho karma for you amigo!

SuperDawgy said:
Very doubtful bro. Dropping 5% in two months would be hard enough, once you get below 10% it gets really tough! Of course 10% is lean if you're not competing.

But I could get to 10% in 2 months with a very strict and clean diet.
5 days of cardio and 3 days of weights? + the yoga :)

capn said:
But I could get to 10% in 2 months with a very strict and clean diet.
5 days of cardio and 3 days of weights? + the yoga :)

It's possible. I've done it twice. Best of luck bro, keep us informed!

Top Bottom