Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

that packaged imitation crab meat on my diet plan?

goli_056

Is it ok to take this fake crab meat once in a while with salads while you are trying to lose weight? as you know real crab meat is very f.^$^&$ expensive and not everybody can afford it, I was considering to include it in my weight loss diet and need some feedback on this about how high it is in calories, fat and sodium, thank you.

Imitation crab meat is basically tilapia with a bunch of sugar and fillers added to make it look like crab. It's not something you should be regularly including in your diet. It has a lot of sugar, carbohydrates and fat per serving. It's especially not a good option if you are trying to loose weight.

The ingredients list on crab: Crab

The ingredients list on imitation crab: Alaska Pollock, Water, Egg Whites, Wheat Starch, Sugar, Corn Starch, Sorbitol, Contains 2% or Less of the Following: King Crab Meat, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Extracts of Crab, Oyster, Scallop, Lobster and Fish (Salmon, Anchovy, Bonito, Cutlassfish), Refined Fish Oil (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat) (Anchovy, Sardine), Rice Wine (Rice, Water, Koji, Yeast, Salt), Sea Salt, Modified Tapioca Starch, Carrageenan, Yam Flour, Hydrolyzed Soy, Corn, and Wheat Proteins, Potassium Chloride, Disodium Inosinate and Guanylate, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Carmine, Paprika.

You basically have 2 options:
1. Buy canned crab meat. It's pretty affordable
2. Use canned tuna instead of crab. If you make crab cakes with canned tuna, it tastes literally the exact same.

You just have to see if the macros fit into your diet. There are definitely better options but here and there it wont be terrible.

Is it ok to take this fake crab meat once in a while with salads while you are trying to lose weight? as you know real crab meat is very f.^$^&$ expensive and not everybody can afford it, I was considering to include it in my weight loss diet and need some feedback on this about how high it is in calories, fat and sodium, thank you.

I dont think crab meat is really that bad.

Also depends on how low calories you are. If you still have wiggle room to drop calories, having a bit of crab meat is definitely fine.

However, when you will feel that your calories need to go down even lower - you know what has to go..

Top Bottom