Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Convicted killer set free... DNA proves he was not the killer....

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Platinum
This is a tragedy.. they should send the prosecuting DA to jail... this pisses me off. This kid was 15 when this happened and has had his life ruined.. he should be renumerated however states stopped doing that years ago....what gets me is obviously the prosecution had no physical evidence however lied and manipulated the jury to convict this kid.... they should send the DA to the chamber..

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/22/masters.case/index.html

He could sue the state. The canadian government had to pay over $10M for the last 2 cases we had.

manny78 said:
He could sue the state. The canadian government had to pay over $10M for the last 2 cases we had.

He could if the individual state has not outlawed the compensation for wrongly convicted inmates statute.. US states have the option to make the state held harmless in events such as this Manny.... its sad....

That has happened several times down here.

Last time it was a man who had served 22 years before being cleared of a rape he didn't committ. (22 years for RAPE???)

What pissed me off so bad about it was that the victim changed her story in court and said she wasn't "very sure about him and didn't think he was the one" and they still argued that he had intimidated her and locked his ass up. Even though there was other evidence that witnesses had seen another man in the area.

When you get years taken away from you like this... what can you do? The state needs to be responsible for this bullshit.

it's cheaper just to take their chances. none of these jabrones can afford some country cracker lawyer to defend them properly....

He prolly evolved enough in that few years that his DAN was no longer a match.

AAP said:
That has happened several times down here.

Last time it was a man who had served 22 years before being cleared of a rape he didn't committ. (22 years for RAPE???)

What pissed me off so bad about it was that the victim changed her story in court and said she wasn't "very sure about him and didn't think he was the one" and they still argued that he had intimidated her and locked his ass up. Even though there was other evidence that witnesses had seen another man in the area.

When you get years taken away from you like this... what can you do? The state needs to be responsible for this bullshit.
I agree AAP,, its no wonder the individual states passed laws making civil cases against the state illegal... that says one thing...,,,,,,,, it happens more than you know... most of these people end up with court appointed attorneys that have a 460 client case load and are not qualified to even try cases.....

Arabian said:
This is a tragedy.. they should send the prosecuting DA to jail... this pisses me off. This kid was 15 when this happened and has had his life ruined.. he should be renumerated however states stopped doing that years ago....what gets me is obviously the prosecution had no physical evidence however lied and manipulated the jury to convict this kid.... they should send the DA to the chamber..

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/22/masters.case/index.html
He can't sue? DAmn. I wouldn't be surprised if he did somethign to get back in there because he already served the time and should be pretty pissed about it.

Top Bottom