Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin and diarrhea

SpikeDog

Hi,
I have searched this site with no luck. I have a rather unappealling problem. After my work out I take 10 iu's on insulin, drink 100 grams of carbs and 40 grams of protien. Unfortunatly I aslo get diarrhea about 2 and a half hours later. Can anyone help?

I have never heard about this.

What you can try is to skip only the insulin for 1 day, but still take your carb-prot drink. Your protein might have bacteria in them or your body is intolerant for it.

I would guess that it is not from the insulin but rather from the high osmalalic properties of your post-workout meal. Both glucose and whey protein (or fast absorbing protein at that) have hypertonic characteristics and will draw water into the intestines. Therefore, to decrease this effect you should:

1. Increase water intake to increase both solubility and to decrease the concentration of the meal/solution.

2. Take in half the amounts right after, then wait....oh, maybe a 1/2-hour and then drink the rest.

3. Make sure your protein is of higher quality and has better solubility properties. Whey isolate might be ideal.

4. Ginger root may be of benefit with the digestion and absorption of your protein.

MR. BMJ

Hi, thanks for the replies. I do take in the carbs and protiens gradually. Perhaps I will try more water. I have tried taking the slin away and i don't have the problem. I even lower the dosage but with no help. Any other ideas?

Top Bottom